24

Santiago

My eyes slowly opened and I let out a sigh, blinking a few times.

I looked over at Adora, who was asleep on my arm, which was currently asleep as well.

I tried my hardest to pull it out from under her without waking her, and I did it successfully.

Adora had recently been sleeping like a log. Nothing woke her up, she woke up when she wanted to. She probably could've slept through an explosion, honestly.

I sat on the edge of the bed and grabbed my phone, scrolling through all the missed calls I'd gotten within the past few hours. I was convinced other people in the business world didn't sleep and made people that did sleep feel bad, but I'd earned sleep. Definitely recently.

I checked the time, and it was 2 A.M. on the dot. I placed my phone in my sweatpants and got off of the bed, walking out of my bedroom.

All I wanted was a drink.

Were pregnancy cravings starting to come to me now, too?

I rolled my eyes and walked down the long hallway, rubbing my eyes. I was still a little groggy from the death sleep I'd fallen into a few hours before.

My eyebrows went into a furrow when I heard a groan, and that groan came from Jo's room.

I stopped in my tracks in front of his door, my eyebrows still in a furrow.

I knew teenage boys, I'd been one before. I knew exactly what teenage boys did on their own time, so I thought nothing of it.

I began to walk away before I heard a moan this time, making my sleepy eyes suddenly shoot open.

"Fuck, Cassie."

I wasn't shocked, in any form. I knew what the boys did, they'd made sure to fill me in on every detail since they started doing whatever this was considered as.

But I was taken aback- I didn't necessarily expect it, not at 2 A.M. at least.

I walked away as quickly as I could, trying to erase any memory I had of that very moment.

~*~

Adora

"I'm looking for a very specific camera," Elizabeth said, "John's been asking for it for months now. Perfect birthday gift, right?"

"Mm hmm, definitely," I said, my eyes glued to my phone.

She just sighed and looked over at me. "What on earth has you so glued to your phone?"

"Nothing," I said, never pulling my eyes away.

She grabbed my phone from my hands and I tried to stop her, but she just laughed as she looked at my screen.

"Adora, sex positions? God, I thought you knew all of those already," she said.

"I do," I said, grabbing my phone, "just trying to see which are the most comfortable for pregnancy."