22

one month later

Santiago

I rubbed my hand across Adora's pregnant belly, chuckling as I pressed a kiss against her shoulder.

"We tell everyone today," she said, smiling as I pulled away from her.

"I know," I said, nodding down at her, "I'm nervous. And excited. And all of the above."

She just giggled and pressed a kiss to my lips, plunging her fingers in my hair. "I can't wait."

Everyone had flown in- Mom and Dad, Toni had come back from Greece, everyone was here and Adora and I simply couldn't wait any longer.

A month in and her pregnancy had been nothing but a joy. She was growing with each day, and I was also growing to love her and the child inside of her more and more with each day.

"Okay, I have to use the bathroom," she said, "this baby has been chilling on my bladder all night."

I just chuckled and watched as she rolled out of bed. She stopped in front of the full-length mirror, turning to the side.

She frowned. "I'm not even showing yet."

"Most women don't start showing until twelve or sixteen weeks," I said, "definitely first-time moms."

She just looked over at me, sighing. "Yeah, you're right. Oh, God, I'm going to have a postpartum body to work on, aren't I?"

I just smiled. "You're always going to be perfect, baby. Go use the bathroom before you spontaneously combust."

She just walked into the bathroom and I grabbed my phone from the table beside the bed, unlocking it.

1 new message

[From: Fred]
Stayed the night at a friend's last night be home soon

I just rubbed my eyes and yawned, texting him back.

[To: Fred]
I know it wasn't a friend's but okay

I placed my phone on the table, getting out of bed.

I walked into the bathroom and noticed Adora standing at the counter, leaned up close to the mirror.

"Hey, I need your opinion, is this gray?"

She turned to face me and I grabbed the back of her head, examining the hair she was holding out to me closely.

"No, it's not gray," I said, "it's black, just like the rest of your hair."

She just sighed, shaking her head. "I think my eyesight is going bad."

I just smiled, nodding. "Yeah, mine too."

"Look at us, growing old together," she said, smiling over at me.

I just smiled and brushed my teeth, leaning against the counter.

"You know," she said, pulling her hair back into a ponytail, "pregnancy comes with a lot of hormones."

I just nodded, my bottom lip jutted out.

"And some of those hormones include unbelievable horniness."

I laughed. "Are you experiencing these hormones already?"

"Okay, don't judge!" She exclaimed, "I don't even know how exactly to have sex while pr-"

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me, grinning down at her. "I've got it, I promise."