36

2 and 1/2 months later

Adora

I hummed as I scrubbed my hair, closing my eyes as I made my way back under the shower head. I smiled with satisfaction, rinsing the conditioner out of my hair.

I turned off the shower water and opened the glass door, feeling around for my towel.

No soap in the eyes, no soap in the eyes.

I found it and smiled, wiping my eyes first before wrapping the towel around my soaked body.

"Wow, good morning to my beautiful wife," Santiago said, grinning, leaning against the bathroom door.

"Hi," I greeted, smiling as I wiped the steam off of the mirror.

He walked over to me and stood behind me, cradling my enormous bump with his hands.

He pressed a kiss to my neck and I smiled, cocking my head over. "Rest well?"

"Mm hmm," he muttered.

I turned around to face him and I smiled, raking my hands through his hair.

He kneeled down and pressed kisses to my bump, making me smile. "I really need to get my clothes on. The boys and I are going to go out for breakfast."

He stood upright and I smiled, making him nod. "I wish I could come."

"Me, too," I said, smiling.

"Eat enough for her, okay?" He asked, "she's a lot hungrier than I thought."

I just laughed. "Yeah, you should have her inside of you."

"No, thanks," he said, winking.

I just giggled and combed through my wet hair. "So who's this huge meeting with?"

He just looked over at me, a look of hesitation on his face.

"If it's with D-"

"It's with Zayn," he said, nodding with furrowed brows.

My eyebrows shot up. "O-oh."

He just nodded. "Yeah, they're in town, he opened up another location for his dad's business. Actually in Tacoma, so."

I was quite shocked, to be completely honest.

"Well I hope it goes well," I said, lathering up my legs in lotion, smiling.

"If it makes you uncomfortable, I won't do it," he said, leaning against the counter.

"It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all," I said, placing my lotion on the counter, "business is business, you can't put it off for some old drama that I had with his girlfriend."

He just smiled, pulling me into him. "Wife, actually."

I pulled away with a confused smile, furrowed brows. "What?"

He just nodded. "Yeah, they, uh, they got married recently."

I just nodded, letting out a breath. "That's good, I'm happy for them."

I'd at least sent her an invitation to my wedding. I didn't even get one for hers.

I just shook it off. It obviously didn't matter.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go start getting ready," I said, smiling, pecking his lips, "I hope your meeting goes well. Tell me all about it tonight."

He grabbed my hand before I could walk off, looking down at me with a sigh. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, "sure, it got under my skin that I didn't get an invite to the wedding since I sent her one, but it's fine. It doesn't matter, it's old news."