16

Adora

I hooked my leg around Santiago's hip, my lips moving against his.

This felt like a dream. Us being on good terms, it just felt like a dream, that was all.

He braced his hand on my pillow beside my head, pulling his lips away from mine.

"I've got to get up," he said, brushing my hair away from my forehead, "I've got a meeting at ten."

I just nodded, trailing my hand up his arm, my eyes following it.

"I'll cook you breakfast," I said, smiling up at him, "I'm not going in until later today, I have to stay a little later than usual tonight."

"Why?" He asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed, looking over at me.

"Well, tomorrow's a big day for one of the books I'm publishing," I said, "so I don't really have anything to do this morning, the load is going to be on me tonight, though."

He just smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "You'll do great."

I smiled as he stood up, his bare backside on full view. He walked into the bathroom and I grabbed my phone from my nightstand.

1 missed message from Victoria

I propped myself up on one elbow and slid my thumb across the screen.

[From: Victoria]
You guys just need to talk things through. You're both upset and people don't just read minds. Tell him how you're feeling!!! He's feeling terrible too, he's been pissy every day. He came back really upset today

I just pursed my lips together. Santiago and I had talked things through last night, we'd figured things out thankfully.

I was starting to feel like we wouldn't figure things out, but together, we proved me wrong.

I got out of bed and walked over to the mirror, giving myself a one take. I had slight red spots on my hips from where Santiago's strong hands had been, and I just smiled at them.

I walked into my closet and looked through my dresses, deciding on a simple button up one. I slipped into it and walked out of the bedroom, knocking on the boys' doors. "You guys up?"

"Yeah, Adds," they yelled at the same time, making me jog downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and began grabbing food out of the fridge, cooking a nice breakfast. Santiago would actually have time to eat this morning, so I decided to make him a good one.

The boys walked downstairs and I smiled. "Morning."

"You're beaming," Jo said, smiling as he wrapped an arm around my neck.

I just shook my head. "I'm acting the same way I normally act."

He just nodded slowly and pulled away from me, sitting down at the bar. "What's for breakfast?"

"A lot," I said, "you guys will have time to eat, right?"

"Yeah, we will," they said.

I just looked at them. "Without skipping."

They just chuckled. "We will."

Santiago walked downstairs shortly after and breakfast was almost done, just a few more pieces of bacon to get crunch enough for his liking.

I just looked at him as I pulled the last few slices of bacon out of the skillet, my eyes trailing down his body. He was wearing an all black number, his shirt unbuttoned a little more than usual.