17

Adora

I rushed downstairs, my heart racing.

I ran into the living room and turned on the TV, the first channel being the news.

Exactly what I needed.

I plopped down on the couch and bit down on my bottom lip, drumming my fingers on my knees.

"Santiago King surpassed billionaire status overnight, we're actually outside of his building right now," the news reporter said, making a huge smile make its way onto my face.

I just squealed and grabbed my phone, dialing Santiago's number.

As soon as he picked up, I squealed. "You're on the news!"

He just chuckled. "Yeah, I'm looking out of my window, they're everywhere."

"You did it," I said, "you totally made it, Santiago."

He just chuckled yet again, and I heard him plop down in his chair. "It was a good night for both of us."

"I'm still feeling that massage," I said, smiling as I lied down on the couch.

"Yeah?" He asked, "where?"

I just bit down on my bottom lip with a smile. "Do I really need to answer that?"

He just chuckled his contagious chuckle. "Hey, we're celebrating tonight. With that very important dinner, you know."

"Oh, that's tonight?" I asked.

"Mm hmm," he said, "it's crazy, it lined up exactly with the day I surpassed billionaire status."

"I'm so proud of you," I said, leaning up, "have you told your dad yet?"

"Not yet," he said, "I'm sure he already knows, though. News reports are coming across my phone, and he has every report for me on, so."

I just giggled. "He's just a proud dad."

"I have press in a few minutes," he said.

"Yeah, I have to go shopping for a dress," I said, "what time are you going to be done tonight?"

"Probably around six," he said, "we have reservations for six, so I might be a little late. Just wait on me."

"I'm going to have to be alone with important men while we wait on you?" I asked, standing up.

He just chuckled. "You'll live, and they'll be occupied."

I just rolled my eyes. "I love you. Congrats, your success definitely will not go unnoticed tonight."

"I love the sound of that," he said, making me smile.

"Alright, bye."

"Love you, bye."

He hung up and I walked into the kitchen, stopping in my tracks as soon as I saw a huge bouquet of roses on the counter.

Just a reminder that I still cannot believe you're my wife.... last night was amazing.
I love you.

I just grabbed the card, smiling down at it. I pulled my phone out and texted Santiago.