bf 6

Santiago

"Daddy?"

I looked over at Adora and down at Arabella, making Adora giggle.

"Yes, amor?"

"This. Is. So. Cool!" She squealed, pulling her camera out of her bag.

"It's a disposable one," Adora whispered.

She leaned over her mother's lap and snapped pictures, probably not even of the sky.

"I didn't even know you had one of these!"

"Daddy has a lot of things you, mi amor, don't know about," I said, pulling her over into my lap.

"It's so cool," she said, grinning up at me, "and I get to see abuela and abuelo, yee!"

I just laughed and hugged her close to me, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. She had a Spanish accent, like mine, less like Adora's. Adora had one, but it rarely came out.

"I'm going to get something else to eat," Adora said, standing up.

I watched her walk into the other cabin, making me place Arabella back in her seat. "Hey, can you sit right there for a little bit? Daddy needs to talk to mommy."

She nodded up at me. "Aye, aye, Captain!"

She finished it off with the cutest giggle and I pressed a kiss to her head. "I'll be right back."

I walked into the other cabin of the plane, seeing Adora rifling through the food. I chuckled and walked over to her.

"Boo," I said, my hands on her hips.

"Do you know if we have any of the small doughnuts?" She asked, "Ari loves those."

She maneuvered her way out of my arms and I just leaned against the counter. "I don't know, they might be in this cabinet."

I nodded down to the one behind my legs, making her crack a small smile. "Santiago."

I pulled her into me and pressed a kiss to her neck, making her rest her hands on my abdomen.

"Come on, I'm feeling you up so you're in the mood when we get to where we're going."

"I still don't feel good about leaving her for a week," Adora said, shaking her head.

"My parents are the best, they won't do anything but literally cuddle her all week. It's what she needs."

She sighed. "Your parents aren't the problem, I trust them more than I trust anyone. It's just, I haven't been away from her for so long."

"Well, we need this," I said, "both of us. And when you find out where you're going, you'll be convinced."

She just sighed and I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Seriously, the doughnuts are in this cabinet."

I stepped away and she squatted down, grabbing out a pack. She smiled and pressed a kiss to my lips, walking back to Arabella.

"Mommy's got your favorite," she sang, sitting next to her, "powdered doughnuts!"

"Mommy, I only get to eat these like, never!"

I chuckled and Adora giggled, opening them. "Well, mommy's spoiling you before she leaves you for a week."

"I'm happy to spend it with abuela and abuelo!" She said, smiling up at Adora as she bit into one.

"I know you are," Adora said, pressing a kiss to the top of her head, "I know."