47

Adora

"So basically a name that starts with A," Luciana said, nodding as she grabbed a glass out of the cabinet.

"Mm hmm," I said, biting down on my bottom lip, my hand on my ginormous bump.

"Any solid candidates?"

"Arabella," I said, "or Adeline. Santiago doesn't really like that one, but I do. I love Arabella, though."

"I do, too," she said, "Arabella's beautiful. Has a Spanish ring to it, a little."

She smiled and poured herself a glass of apple juice. "Oh. I know from experience. You probably are constipated, just drink apple juice, it'll fix you right up."

I couldn't help but to giggle, wincing in pain mid laugh.

She just sighed, walking over to me. "I wish your water would just go ahead and break!"

"Yeah, me too," I breathlessly muttered, "I mean, it's safe for me to give birth now, right?"

"Very," she said, nodding as she rubbed my belly, "and inducing labor is a thing but I know you're not up for the things we have to do to induce labor."

"Well, what are some of the things?" I asked.

"Going running, the baby mama dance, I've looked it all up."

I looked over my shoulder and cracked a small smile when I saw Jo standing there. "Hey, kiddo."

He smiled and walked into the kitchen, wrapping an arm around my neck. "How are you feeling?"

I nodded, rubbing his back. "I've felt better and worse, how about that."

"I'll take it," he said, grinning down at me, "abuela."

He wrapped her up in a hug, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Where's your brother?" She asked, rubbing his back.

"I know Fred's your favorite grandkid, but he's asleep still."

She rolled her eyes with a scoff. "I don't pick favorites, you know that. And you need to wake him up so he's not late for school."

"Mm hmm," he muttered, smiling as he reached up in the cabinet for a glass, "yeah, I'll let him catch another suspension. Do him a favor, you know?"

The front door flew open and in Santiago, Asad, and Victoria walked.

"Hey, three of my favorite people," I said, grinning.

Jo just leaned against the counter, his eyes centered in on Victoria. "Look what the cat drug in."

"Oh, shove it," she said, dropping the bags on the counter as she rolled her eyes.

Victoria had easily become a big sister figure for the boys. She kept them in check and even out of trouble sometimes. They were lucky to have such amazing people around.

"I brought you all your favorites, I wasn't really entirely sure what you'd want exactly," Santiago muttered, trying not to make too much eye contact with me.

He was still on the edge from our last conversation about the baby. He'd rarely spoken to anyone, it wasn't just me.

Fred jogged downstairs and his nose scrunched up. "It wreaks of fast food in here."

"This is the best smell on earth," Asad said, "don't test me."

"Or maybe that was just Victoria."