bf 1

(A LITTLE OVER) A MONTH AFTER CHAPTER 50

Adora

My feet were beating against the treadmill at an extremely fast pace, sweat dripping down my forehead.

Sprints were killer.

I stepped off of the belt and stood on the sides, catching my breath. I looked down at my watch, scrolling through the notifications I'd racked up since I started sprinting.

So many emails about the publishing company. It never went away but my mind definitely wasn't on it while I was pregnant.

I turned off the treadmill, looking at myself in the mirror. I'd made sure to whip my body right back into shape after giving birth to Arabella.

My body was something I took pride in. I enjoyed taking care of myself, and the post-baby body was something I'd vowed to work on even before I got pregnant.

Everything about me was different, pretty much. My hips were wider. My chest was spilling out of every bra I owned. My body had become more curvaceous.

I took a drink of my water and sighed, walking over to the staircase. I jogged upstairs and walked around the empty main floor, my footsteps echoing.

I sucked in a breath as soon as I saw Santiago and Arabella in the chair, sound asleep. I tip toed into the living room and smiled, pulling out my phone. I snapped a quick picture and smiled down at it.

"Hey, baby," Santiago greeted, his voice groggy, hand wrapping around my thigh, "hey, how long have you been up?"

"Not long," I said, raking my fingers through his hair, "what time did you two come in here?"

He looked down at his watch and sighed, leaning his head back against the chair. "I think four?"

I smiled. "Did you get any rest last night?"

"Of course," he said, nodding up at me, "she'll be up in a few. I'll go get breakfast."

I kneeled down and grabbed Arabella's hand, rubbing it with my thumb.

Arabella had without a doubt become Santiago's world. I expected him to love her once he saw her, but I didn't really expect this.

The boys were tremendous amounts of help but Alessandra decided to take them away for the week. They were off of school, and she wanted to take them on a vacation.

"I think Asad and Victoria are coming over today. If that's okay with you," Santiago said, his hand grazing the outside of my thigh as I stood back up.

"Yeah, that sounds nice," I said, nodding, "I have to stop by the publishing company today for a few minutes, but other than that they're free to come over at anytime."

He smiled up at me. "You're beautiful, you know?"

I just smiled. Arabella began to cry and I kneeled down again. "Hi, princess."

She let out a cry and Santiago delicately re-positioned her, sitting her against his chest. "It's okay."

"I think she's hungry," I said, standing up, "let's switch out."

I smiled and picked her up carefully, pressing kisses to her cheeks. "These are mommy's favorite cheeks, yes they are!"

I watched her cheeks pull up into a small smile, making me giggle. Santiago stood up and placed his hand on the back of her head, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"I'm going to shower," he said, "and then I'll get breakfast."

I just smiled and he pressed a kiss to my temple, rubbing my back.