Going Home

Betty Cooper is 23 years old and has a four year old daughter named Rose. She is Betty's mini twin...but no one knows about her. Not even Betty's mother. When she found out she was pregnant, she ran and didn't tell anyone why. It broke everyone, especially Alice and Jughead, but everyone felt it. No one knew where she went or if she was okay, she just left. She hasn't talked to anyone either, except for her mother but she still hasn't told her mother anything. Other than the fact that she's safe.

Today she woke up and grabbed her phone to see that she was up earlier than usual. She would normally wake up around 7:00 but today she woke up at 6:30. She decided to just relax and go through her email and texts. Suddenly she saw a text from her mother that caught her off guard.

𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦, 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐹𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝐴𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑤𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝐹𝑢𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑆𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦...𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝐼 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑...𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ.

As soon as she read that Fred Andrews had died she started crying. He was like a second father to her. He was so sweet and always took care of her when she needed help. As much as she didn't want to go back to that town, she had too...for Fred. Suddenly she saw her daughter standing in the doorway.

Rose- Mommy, why are you crying?

Betty- No reason baby, but come up here...I need to talk to you. (tears)

She ran over to her mother and climbed onto the big bed.

Rose- What is it Mommy?

Betty- Well one of my old friends passed away last night. I have to go back to my hometown for the weekend...do you think you can stay with Auntie Kate?

{Auntie Kate is Betty's one friend who lives in the apartment next to them with a teenage daughter.}

Rose- No I don't want you to go, I wanna stay with you. (tears)

Betty- Sweetie I'll call you every night.

Rose- No I go with you. (cries)

Betty- H-Honey I don't think I can bring you.

Rose- P-Please. (cries)

The little girl jumped into her mother's lap and hugged her so tight.

Betty- O-Okay, don't cry love.

She held her daughter in her arms and rubbed her head to calm her down. Once she had relaxed she looked up at her mother.

Rose- When are we going?

Betty- We'll have to leave after breakfast, so let's get you dressed and packed.

She nodded happily and ran off in her room. As soon as the little girl was not in sight Betty sighed.

She was so nervous about everyone finding out about Rose. It was bound to happen at some point. She got up and went to her daughters room. The little girl was standing there with one of her dresses in her hands.

Betty- You wanna wear that?

She nodded and Betty helped her get the dress on. She looked adorable, like always.