Dare - #50

Athena: Father, I have a lot of matters to discuss today and it would do well for me if you grant me a tiny favor.

Zeus: *raises an eyebrow* A favor?

Athena: Yes.

Zeus: *sighs* What is it?

Athena: Swear on the River Styx that you will let go of whatever I say and not come after me for them in any way whatsoever.

Zeus: And why would I do that?

Athena: You are very... opinionated and I'm afraid that it would be difficult to get my points straight with you in matters as important as this. After all, these are simply my counsel and they need to be thought through fairly. This is merely a precaution in case you think of anything rash, especially as you are the King of the Gods.

Hermes and Elle: *raise an eyebrow and glance at each other*

Hermes: I have a bad feeling about this.

Elle: I think I know where this is headed...

Zeus: *taps his chin and hums*

Athena: *sighs and gives him a hard look* Just give me a minute.

Zeus: Very well. I swear on the River Styx to not punish you in any way whatsoever for anything you say in the next minute.

Athena: *grins* Alright, then. First order of business. Uncle Poseidon or Hades would be a better ruler than you.

Poseidon: *jaw drops* Wait, what?

Hades: *raises his eyebrows* Huh?

Poseidon and Hades: *exchange glances*

Zeus: *glowers* What?

Athena: You are a terrible ruler and as much as I hate to admit it, even Poseidon of all people would be better than you.

Zeus: Now hold on a minute—

Athena: You're better off ogling mortal women because that seems to be the only thing you're actually good at anyways.

Hera: You tell him, Athena!

Zeus: Hera!

Hera: *rolls her eyes and leans back on her throne*

Athena: Don't even get me started on your affairs. King of the Gods? Ha! More like king of the manwhores and ruler of all that can't keep it in their pants.

Zeus: Athena!

Aphrodite: *giggles but covers it up as a cough* Sorry about that.

Apollo: *snorts*

Zeus: *glares at him*

Apollo: *quickly looks away, trying to hide his smile*

Athena: Honestly, though. If it were not for the ancient laws, I bet half the population of mortals would be your children.

Zeus: THAT IS ENOUGH—

Demeter: No, no. She has a point.

Athena: And I'm not done yet. I still have around twenty-three seconds left, so sit your womanizing ass down and let me finish.

Zeus: *stares at her*

Athena: Sit. Down.

Zeus: *slowly sits back down*

Artemis and Ares: *snicker but smack a hand over their mouths*

Athena: *continues dissing Zeus*

Zeus: *looking at her, appalled*

Hermes: *leans over and whispers to Elle* What the Hades is she doing?

Elle: Uhm, Herosofolympusfan62, foureyedbookkeeper, wagxb123, and basically everyone wants her to diss Zeus.

Hermes: I am so living for this.

Elle: Same.

Hermes and Elle: *high-five*

_____________________________________________________