Dare - #89

Athena and Hermes: *talking in the hallway*

Hermes: *eating some Pringles* Fifty says she starts getting hysterical within ten minutes.

Athena: *grins* A hundred says she snaps five minutes in.

Hermes: Okay, yeah... that's actually a smart one.

Athena: *raises an eyebrow* Duh.

Elle: *leans against the wall* Remind me again what the two of you are doing?

Athena: Betting for my dare from foureyedbookkeeper.

Elle: *looks inside the nearby doorway and spots Demeter* I don't know what you're gonna do but if it starts raining Froot Loops, I'm out of here.

Hermes: *chuckles and looks at Athena* Anyways, I'll take that action. Deal?

Athena: *shakes his hand before walking into the kitchen* Aunt Demeter!

Demeter: *sits on the counter* What can I do for you, dear?

Athena: Oh, I just wanted to have a nutritional talk with you. I've found some super healthy food that I think you'd like.

Demeter: Ooh, do share!

Athena: *snaps her fingers and summons a ton of junk food*

Demeter: *gapes at her*

Athena: They're called junk food!

*later*

Athena: *holding a hamburger* I don't see why you're so upset! Hamburgers are healthy. You've always told us to eat healthier - look. There's tomatoes lettuce, and onions! The bread is also made from wheat. What's healthier than tha -

Demeter: I do not want another word out of you! *yanks the hamburger out of her hands and tosses it into the fire*

Hermes: *stands beside Athena and clicks his tongue*

Hermes and Athena: *watch Demeter throw more of Athena's junk food into the fire*

Demeter: THEY'RE CALLED JUNK FOOD FOR A REASON. THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY AND YOU KNOW THAT! ESPECIALLY NOT THESE CHIPS.

Athena: But they're potato chi -

Demeter: *shoots her a murderous glare* ZIP IT. WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST EAT CEREAL?! NOW THAT'S HEALTHY!

Athena: *holds her hand out at Hermes*

Hermes: *sighs and hands her a bag of drachmas*

Athena: *sing-songs* I'm always right.

Hermes: *lets out a small smile* Sure you are. Now, let's get out of her before she stuffs cereal down your throat. Shall we?

___________________________________________________________