Dare - #88

Hermes: *enters the room past 3AM* Hey, I thought you'd be asleep by now.

Athena: *looks up from her phone by the couch* Did you just get home?

Hermes: *nods* One of my staff accidentally sent toxic serpents to the wrong address and of course, I had to go and fix it. Now, what are you doing up so late?

Athena: *blinks* It's just a dare from Guardgirl2068. It's nothing.

Hermes: *sits down beside her* What's the dare?

Athena: *frowns* To read Pothena fanfiction from Wattpad.

Hermes: *grins* Well, I must simply be here to witness your reactions.

Athena: *groans at him*

Hermes: *gestures to the phone* Go on.

Athena: *sighs and clicks on a story called Pothena gets together by chancamazing*

Athena and Hermes: *starts reading the first chapter*

Athena: Ever since she came out of her father's head, I have been in love with h - No, stop! You're laughing already!

Hermes: *tries to stifle his laugh and read on*... All I could feel is love for her but she will never return them... I just wishes she was mine.

Athena: Holy Hera, I feel a migraine coming. *rubs her temples*

Hermes: *shakes his head and chuckles* I'm gonna need some alcohol for this.

Athena: Please find the strongest tequila we've got. I don't think I can handle reading further in a sober state of mind.

*five hours later*

Athena and Hermes: *reading #Pothena by AthenaMarvell*

Hermes: *takes a shot of tequila*

Athena: *blinks drunkenly and points at the screen* "These past couple of years, I've been finding myself slowly falling in you with you that I actually divorced my wife, Athena."

Hermes: *wheezes from laughter* He divorced his wife! I can't with this already!

Athena: *starts laughing also* Stop! I can't handle this! No more!

Hermes: *points at her* Ha! You're crying!

Athena: *sniffles and blinks back tears while grinning* I am, right? Oh my gods, there's water running down my eyes. I forgot what they're called but... eye water, you know? But it's like... it's like... not sad water. It's funny water. Because this is funny!

Hermes: Funny water. That's funny.

Athena: *downs her glass of tequila and continues reading*... "I do, Poseidon" -

Hermes: I DO, POSEIDON! YOU LOVE HIM TOO? *bursts into laughter but chokes on his tongue*

Athena: Gross - Wait, wait, wait. Percy's here too.

Hermes: What did he say?

Athena: He says he always wanted me to be his mom!

Hermes: *laughs again*

Athena: *giggles until she slides down to the floor and gasps for air*

Artemis, Elle, and Apollo: *watching them from the doorway*

Artemis: *crosses her arms and furrows her eyebrows in concern* What in the Underworld...

Apollo: *stares at the eight empty tequila bottles on the coffee table* Oh, they're drunk drunk.

Artemis: *leans over and watches Elle* What are you doing?

Elle: *recording Athena and Hermes* Blackmail purposes.

__________________________________________________________