Dare - #107

Athena: *rewatching Avengers: Infinity War on her laptop*

Hermes: Hi, Ena!

Mario: *follows Hermes inside the room and goes straight towards the balcony*

Hermes: *gives her a head pat* That's like the millionth time you've watched that movie.

Athena: *rolls her eyes and offers him her popcorn*

Hermes: *stuffs some into his mouth* Thanks! By the way, you have this dare from Cherokeewoman3 and I —

Athena: I'll do it later. *waves him off*

Mario: Wow! This place is huge! *looks around Olympus with wide eyes*

Athena: *stares at her screen* I'm pretty sure that wasn't Chris Pratt's line in the movie.

Hermes: *chuckles, grabs her chair, and spins her towards Mario's direction* Well, it is a place for all-powerful deities, isn't it, Mario?

Mario: Reminds me of the Mushroom Kingdom, especially that floating pathway over New York, but this place is definitely bigger.

Hermes and Athena: *walk towards the balcony*

Athena: *raises her eyebrows at Hermes* Mario?

Hermes: Yep. From the new movie. He's voiced by Chris Pratt.

Athena: Oh, no wonder. Well, that certainly is an... odd choice.

Hermes: Tell me about it.

Mario: *points to a rainbow in the distance* Tell me. Are rainbows here normal or can you also drive on them?

Hermes and Athena: *exchange glances*

Hermes: As normal as rainbows can be, I guess.

Athena: Apart from the usual messaging through them, of course. But I do know what Iris is capable of forming rainbows into whatever she pleases. Isn't that right, Hermes? *pokes him*

Hermes: *clears his throat* While we're still in the subject of driving, did you know that Athena here had raced with your brother not long ago?

Mario: *perks up* Luigi? Luigi was here?

Hermes: *muses under his breath* Technically, it wasn't the Luigi from your world.

Athena: He challenged me to a race. A Kart might've been different from my usual chariot but I did win. *smiles proudly*

Mario: Well, I bet I could beat you.

Athena: *raises an eyebrow* You want to race against me?

Hermes: Oh, boy.

Mario: Yes! Not to brag but I'm an expert at driving. Been at it for a long time!

Hermes: You drive a plumbing van with your brother.

Mario: I upgraded recently, okay? I have a sweet ride now! Anyways, what do you say? *offers his hand to Athena*

Athena: *reaches over to shake his hand*

Hermes: *stands between them* Maybe we can wait until there's less people to run over?

Mario: Don't be silly. We're not gonna run anyone over!

Hermes: Athena and Luigi kind of did last time.

Mario: What?

Athena: *scoffs* Oh, please. Apollo was fine. Overreacting is simply his nature, as if you don't already know.

Hermes: *tilts his head to the side* You have a point.

Athena: Anyone else who's gonna get run over will be fine.

Mario: *eyes widen* You know what? Maybe we should —

Athena: *laughs* Relax. We're immortals. Don't worry about it. Now come. We shall set up our rides.

______________________________________________________