Dare - #98

Athena: *takes some banana bread out of the oven and hands it to Elle*

Elle: *takes a bite and nods* Hey, this is really good, mom!

Athena: *grins* Well, I have been brushing up on my baking skills.

Elle: *speaks through a mouthful of bread*

Athena: Come again? And don't talk with your mouth full, dear.

Elle: *finishes chewing and clears her throat* Goddessofallreleams wants you to have a fight with Hermes in front of the council and then sing.

Athena: Should Hermes be in on it?

Elle: *shrugs* Depends on you, I guess.

Athena: *taps her fingers on the counter and hums* Okay.

*later*

Hermes: *walks into the council room and speaks in a hushed tone* Athena, what are you even talking about?

Athena: *follows after him with a scowl* I played dumb but I always knew!

Hermes: *glances around*

Olympians: *looking at them and at each other, confused*

Artemis: What's... going on?

Apollo: *shakes his head and shrugs*

Aphrodite: *frowns and furrows her eyebrows*

Hermes: *gently grabs her arm* Can we just talk about this later? Somewhere more private?

Athena: *yanks her arm away* No! We're talking about this right here, right now! I know you talk to her! Hell, maybe you did even worse but I just kept quiet so I could keep you!

Aphrodite and Apollo: *raise their eyebrows and glance at each other*

Demeter and Hera: *gasp*

Hestia: Hermes! Is that true?

Hermes: I would never do that! I swear! Ena, come on.

Athena: *scoffs* Funny you say that when you ran to her the second we called it quits!

Artemis: *glares at Hermes*

Hermes: Who are you even talking about?!

Athena: Or how you said you were friends? Sure as hell doesn't look like it!

Zeus: *stands up and scowls* Hermes...

Ares: Oh, you're in for it now.

Aphrodite and Apollo: *covering their mouths to keep themselves from laughing*

Hestia: *gives Hermes a disappointed look*

Hermes: I swear, I would never even think of doing that. Ena, you know me. I wouldn't! I promise! *kneels and firmly holds her hands, and looks at her straight in the eyes*

Athena: *stares at him*

Hermes: I don't know what's going on or who said what but please listen to me.

Artemis: Don't listen to him, Athena.

Hermes: Artemis, shut up! This isn't about you.

Athena: *suddenly starts singing* You betrayed me.

Hermes: *blinks* W-what?

Athena: And I know that you'll never feel sorry for the way I hurt, yeah. You talked to her when we were together. Loved you at your worst but that didn't matter. It took you two weeks to go off and date h— *starts chuckling*

Aphrodite: *starts laughing as tears start falling down her face*

Poseidon: I am so lost right now...

Hera and Demeter: So am I...

Apollo: *wheezing* I can't breathe. This is gold!

Athena: *tries to suppress her chuckles as she looks at Hermes* You should see the look on your face.

Hermes: *looks at her in disbelief* It was a joke?

Athena: I was planning to get you in on this but I decided not to. And thank gods for that!

Hermes: You just scared the shit out of me.

__________________________________________________________