Dare - #99

Annabeth: Mother, did I just hear you right?!

Athena: *sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose* For the millionth time, Annabeth, yes. It's a dare from GraceZeusDaughter so could you please help your dear old mom out?

Annabeth: *looks at Elle*

Elle: *shrugs* That's the closest thing you're ever going to hear her ask someone that nicely.

Annabeth: *turns back to Athena* B-but... I thought you didn't like Percy!

Athena: First of all, I don't don't like him. And second, it's not like you have to get married right away.

Annabeth: *looks at her in disbelief*

Athena: Do we have a deal?

Annabeth: *slowly nods*

*later*

Hermes: *finishes the last of his steak* Oh wow, that must have been the best steak I've ever eaten.

Percy: *nods* Agreed. I am stuffed. It was thoughtful of you to treat us to this place, Lady Athena.

Athena: *smiles*

Hermes: Now that I think about it, Ena... what's the special occasion?

Annabeth: *pauses in eating her lobster*

Athena: It's not like we need a special occasion to eat out every once in a while, yes?

Hermes: Yeah, you're right.

Athena and Annabeth: *glance at each other*

Athena: *places her hand over Hermes'* What do you say we leave these two and take a stroll through the gardens? We did rent the whole place out.

Hermes: *grins and helps Athena to stand up*

Athena: *gives Annabeth a wink*

Athena and Hermes: *step out of the restaurant and take a walk around the gardens*

Hermes: *offers her his blazer and leaves his arm around her shoulder*

Athena: *opens her purse and starts rummaging for the ring*

Hermes: *watches her and squeezes her shoulder gently* What are you looking for?

Athena: *furrows her eyebrows* Oh, it's... uhm, it's nothing.

Hermes: You know, an engagement ring doesn't really sound like nothing.

Athena: *whirls around to face him as her eyes widen*

Hermes: *smirks and holds the ring up*

Athena: How did you — you know what, never mind. Way to ruin the surprise. *rolls her eyes and snatches the ring back*

Hermes: It's not like that, Ena! I just... I would have loved to be the one to propose.

Athena: *blinks in surprise* What?

Hermes: *shows the ring he got for her*

Athena and Hermes: Will you marry me? *stare at each other*

Athena: *starts chuckling*

Hermes: *sighs and pulls her by the waist* Fine, you win. I'll marry you.

Athena: *slips the ring onto his finger*

Hermes: *tilts her head up and kisses her*

Athena: *pulls away and takes her engagement ring from him* And I'll take that, thank you very much!

Hermes: *looks at her affectionately and kisses the top of her head*

Athena: *admires the ring on her finger* When did you pick this out?

Hermes: Let's just say it's been a long time coming. Martha helped to pick that out, by the way.

Athena: *intertwines their fingers together* Then I guess I have a snake to thank later. Shall we go back inside?

Athena and Hermes: *step back into the restaurant and walk over to their table*

Athena: So, are congratulations in order here?

Percy: *sniffles and suddenly hugs Athena*

Athena: *stiffens*

Annabeth and Hermes: *look at each other with wide eyes*

Percy: This is the happiest moment of my life! Thank you for helping!

Athena: *slowly pats his back and gives Annabeth and Hermes a look* It was my pleasure, Percy.

Percy: *pulls away and laughs* I guess I should start calling you mother-in-law soon enough, huh?

Annabeth: *facepalms*

Hermes: *snickers*

Athena: *stares at Percy* Don't.

__________________________________________________________