Question - #35

Athena and Hermes: *hanging out by Athena's lounge*

Hermes: *mumbles* Ena...

Athena: *hums and lifts her head to look at him*

Hermes: Do you... maybe like me?

Athena: *blinks* Well, of course I like you! You might be mischievous and a bit of a fool at times, but you're certainly likeable to me.

Hermes: You know that's not what I meant.

Athena: *stares at him*

Hermes: Did you ever have feelings for me? I mean, I have for a very long time and I'm sure everyone sees it. I know you know, Athena, but the question is, do you actually like me back or am I just imagining it?

Athena: Hermes, where is this coming from? Are you drunk already? *reaches for his glass*

Hermes: *moves it away from her and snickers* No, I'm not drunk. And this isn't from me. It's a question from HadesSpawn162534 but I'm actually quite curious myself. I thought I'd ask you personally.

Athena: *takes a deep breath and leans back on her chair*

Hermes: I just wanted to talk about us, you know. I - I'm sorry if I was too straightforward.

Athena: No, no. It's alright. *puts a hand on his arm*

Hermes: *turns red with embarrassment*

Athena: *slowly gives him a teasing smile* Do you think I'd ever let you get away with everything you pull on me if I wasn't so fond of you?

Hermes: *eyes widen* Ena? Are you saying —

Athena: *laughs and looks at him softly* You're not imagining it, you dumbass! I do like you. I always have.

_________________________________________________________