Dare - #55

Aphrodite: *squeals* This is so exciting! A whole week with you?

Athena: *sighs* Yeah, stop reminding me.

Aphrodite: Oh, come on! Lighten up, Athe - which lipstick looks better on me, be honest. *holds up two different shades*

Athena: *blinks* Burgundy.

Aphrodite: Excellent! *grins and starts to apply it*

Athena: *keeps rearranging Aphrodite's bookshelf and mutters under her breath* All of these are romance books - you know what, why am I even surprised?

Aphrodite: *glances back at her* Shouldn't you be getting dressed for the party?

Athena: Another one?

Aphrodite: Why, of course!

Athena: Are the three parties we've went to these past days not enough?

Aphrodite: You can't get enough of parties, dear.

Athena: I beg to differ. Anyways, I'm not going to another one.

Aphrodite: Uh, yes you are.

Athena: *glares at her*

Aphrodite: I invited Hermes.

Athena: *briefly glances at her* He's a busy guy, you know. He doesn't have time for parties.

Aphrodite: Ah, but he has time for you. He always does, which is why I think a makeover would be nice!

Athena: A makeover?

Aphrodite: *smiles* You heard me. Don't get me wrong, sweetie. You're gorgeous but a little touch-up won't hurt.

Athena: I-

Aphrodite: *walks up to Athena and scans her before tapping her chin* I'm thinking we cut your hair. And highlights! You would look amazing with highlights. I also have a couple dresses for you to try out! I mean, I think I already know which one would be perfect for you but still!

Athena: Hold on a minute! I am not going to the party and I am most certainly not having a makeover!

Aphrodite: *raises an eyebrow*

*later*

Everyone: *looking at Athena in awe*

Athena: *looks around before spotting Hermes out in the balcony and walking up to him*

Hermes: *blushes* Hey... you look... oh.

Athena: *sighs* I told Dite not to give me this stupid makeover but what can I do? Besides, arguing with the goddess of beauty to not give you one is like talking to a wall.

Hermes: Well, if it makes you feel any better... you could be mistaken for the goddess of beauty.

Athena: *raises an eyebrow* Oh, really? I'll tell her you said that.

Hermes: *laughs*

Athena: *rolls her eyes but smiles*

Hermes: You know, you're stunning in that dress and I really mean that, but it wouldn't kill Aphrodite to have given you a better one, especially for a cold night like this. You must be freezing.

Athena: Well...

Hermes: Here. *takes his blazer off and puts it over her shoulders*

Athena: *clutches the lapels tightly around her body and looks up at him softly* Uhm, thank you.

Hermes: *gives her a grin*

Aphrodite: *sips her champagne while watching them from inside*

____________________________________________________

A/N: Kezialove772002 dared Athena to spend the whole week with Aphrodite and do whatever she wants.