Dare - #110

Hermes: *leading Travis and Connor inside the study, with his arms around their shoulders*

Athena: *talking to a soul* Persephone's garden is relatively weaker when she's not in the Underworld, so it needs to be managed more carefully right now. Find someone to tend to her garden twice a day, okay?

Soul: *nods* There's one last thing. King Minos is complaining about his workload as a judge. He's demanding vacation time.

Athena: *rolls her eyes* Oh yeah, vacation? Where's he gonna go? The Bahamas?

Hermes: *laughs* He's dead and still dramatic as ever.

Athena: I know. Tell him request denied.

Soul: *nods again and leaves*

Athena: *turns to look at Travis and Connor and smiles*

Travis: You asked for us, Lady Athena? Here? In... the Underworld?

Connor: Did we do something to offend you? Was it because we replaced your cabin's mattresses with inflatable ones and moved them into the lake when everyone was asleep? Are we dead?

Athena: *stares at them* You did what?

Hermes: *clears his throat and steps between them* That's not why we brought you here at all. Right, Ena?

Athena: *frowns at them*

*later*

Athena: *summons a flask of whiskey* Let's try this again —

Hermes: Whoa! It's bad enough that you've drank eight cups of coffee already. We don't need you drunk too. *snatches the flask from her*

Athena: *huffs* Fine. What's the past tense of steal?

Travis and Connor: *look at each other*

Travis: Stole?

Athena: *nods* And what's your last name?

Travis and Connor: Stoll.

Athena: Now, what does Stoll sound like?

Travis and Connor: Oh! Stole!

Travis: As in steal!

Connor: I get it now!

Hermes: I feel like I'm watching a third grade class. Good job, guys. It only took you an hour and a half!

Athena: *leans back on her chair and crosses her arms* Oh, by the way, Connor. We need to talk.

Connor: *eyes widen* Is this still about the prank? Because it was Travis' idea!

Travis: Shut up! *smacks his arm*

Athena: Guys, it's not about that. You are your father's child after all, I guess.

Hermes: That's a good thing, right?

Athena: *chuckles* Whatever, Hermes.

Hermes: Hey!

Athena: Anyways, when are you going to finally start making a move on Malcolm? *gives Connor a pointed look*

Connor: *abruptly stands up, turning red* I don't know what you're talking about!

Travis: Oh, come on. It's obvious you two have a thing for each other.

Connor: Stay out of this, Travis!

Hermes: Uh, why am I only finding out about this now?

Athena: I'm just saying, my son has talked about you a lot of times before and —

Demeter: *suddenly bursts into the room and glares at Athena* You!

Athena: *raises an eyebrow, unfazed* We're kind of in the middle of something —

Demeter: What on Grandmother's green earth you were thinking switching places with Hades? It's my turn to have Persephone!

Hades and Persephone: *follow her into the room*

Persephone: Wow, mom. It's embarrassing how much you sound like a little kid fighting over a toy with your sibling.

Hades: Demeter, will you please, for once in your gods-damned life, use your cereal-infested brain and stop overreacting?

Demeter: You already stole my daughter and now you're insulting me! This is exactly why I don't want to share her with you!

Travis: *try to stifle his laugh*

Demeter: *turns to stare at Travis and scowls*

Persephone: He didn't steal me! I —

Hermes: *coughs awkwardly* Technically —

Hades and Persephone: Stay out of this!

Demeter: *makes a beeline for Travis* Speaking of stealing my daughter...

Travis: *gulps*

Demeter: Stay away from Katie! Do you hear me?! I do not need a repeat of Hades and Persephone! My sweet daughters and your bad influence —

Persephone: ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT, MOTHER!

Hades and Persephone: *start dragging Demeter out of the room*

Demeter: Let me go! Get your filthy hands off me! Athena, stop this nonsense and give Hades his job back in this horrible place immediately!

Hades: Don't listen to her, Athena. Thanks again, I owe you for this! Demeter, you brat, quit kicking me! *closes the door*

Athena: *sighs, grabs the flask from Hermes, and pours the whiskey into her coffee*

Hermes: *blinks and looks at Travis and Connor* So, you and the Demeter kid... and you and Malcolm? Seriously, am I the last to know here?

Travis and Connor: *start blushing*

Athena: Ah, yes! Back to Malcolm! *snaps her fingers and grins at Connor*

__________________________________________________

A/N: FeltyPancake417 dared Athena to switch spots with Hades for a week so he could be with Persephone (and an angry Demeter), then get Travis and Connor to understand the joke about their surname, and finally, try to get Connor and Malcolm to date!