Dare - #106

Hermes: *crosses his legs and puts his phone down on his lap* Ena, you want me to what?

Athena: *plops down beside him on the couch* Switch jobs with me for three days, as Kezialove772002 says.

Hermes: *smiles mischievously and leans towards her* Now, why would I do that? I like my job just as much as you love being a know-it-all.

Athena: *smacks his arm* Because you wanted me to do these dares and now I'm doing them. So, naturally, you gotta help me out!

Hermes: *shrugs* I don't know. I'm not really convinced.

Athena: *stares at him*

Hermes: *groans* No! I know that look. Don't even think about using it on me!

Athena: *blinks innocently* What look?

Hermes: Oh, you know very well. That look where you start giving me those big, puppy eyes and pouts.

Athena: Hermes, please! *clutches his hand*

Hermes: *looks at her for a moment and sighs* Fine! Fine, I'll do it.

Athena: I knew it! Thank you! *grins and kisses him on the cheek before skipping off*

Hermes: *pinches the bridge of his nose* She's so going to mess with my delivery system.

*the next day*

Hermes: Think about it! Both of you are very... temperamental gods, yes? Not that it's a bad thing!

Demeter and Zeus: *sitting on their thrones, glancing at each other*

Hermes: Just saying, there's a better place to let off steam than here on Olympus. Where... you know, gods can get distracted from their work because of the storms... or the excessive growth of greenery. *flinces at the lightning*

Hera: Yes, I couldn't agree more. *moves a large banana leaf away from her face*

Hermes: Well, wouldn't it be more useful to take that somewhere else? Preferably places that need more help from your domains?

Hestia: Like those that experience droughts.

Hermes: Exactly, Aunt Hestia!

Zeus: *taps his chin* I suppose people in those places do need all the help they can get.

Demeter: Yes, yes. And helping to give people the proper nourishment they need always lifts my spirits up!

Hermes: See? Killing two birds with one stone!

Hestia: A fine idea. We will surely keep that in mind. Won't we, siblings? *shoots Zeus and Demeter a look*

Zeus and Demeter: *nod hastily*

Hera: Well, then. I believe you can go, Hermes.

Hermes: *bows his head before flashing down to his office in New York City*

Athena: *typing in her laptop with one hand while using the other to stroke her owl's head* Hermes! How were counseling duties?

Hermes: Getting the hang of it. I think I just convinced Zeus and Demeter to interfere with climate change.

Athena: You what?!

Hermes: Not in a bad way! More like a 'your powers go crazy when you're pissed so go make it rain or try to boost crop production' way.

Athena: *sighs in relief* Oh, thank gods...

Hermes: *laughs* So, what's going on with you? How's my work cutting out for you?

Athena: Well, I got more of your investors to support my app Duolingo, and I used the power of the internet to gain more users in less than a day.

Hermes: Why am I not surprised?

Athena: Look! The registered users have already increased by twenty percent! Duo here is just over the moon about it, aren't you, buddy?

Hermes: *reaches over and pets Athena's owl*

Duo: *flies towards Hermes' shoulder and nuzzles himself at the crook of his neck*

Athena: Oh! I almost forgot! I reorganized your delivery system! *drags him into the warehouse*

Hermes: *sighs* I knew it.

Athena: *walks up to a package* You always were terrible at organizing. Or labelling!

Hermes: My labelling is just fine!

Athena: Either that or your handwriting is utterly illegible. Is this Gorgon blood from the left side or the right?

Hermes: My old system worked out fine before. I remembered every single place my packages go. See? Just like how the Gorgon blood goes on this shelf right h — *takes the package and places it on a nearby shelf*

Athena: Wait! Don't —

Hermes and Athena: *back off when several packages light up on fire*

Hermes: Please don't tell me you moved the Greek fire section.

Athena: *winces* Yep.

Hermes: Gorgon blood is extremely combustible near Greek fire, Ena.

Athena: I know that. And to be fair, I was just gonna talk about your faulty packaging next!

________________________________________________________