Dare - #97

Hermes: Whoa whoa whoa. You're telling me this is going to be a real lightsaber? As in Star Wars lightsaber?

Athena: *nods as she works on the lightsaber* I made use of a ball of light and reshaped it with Apollo and Hephaestus' help. Now all I need to do is securely tighten the screws.

Hermes: I've been trying to make a lightsaber for years now. I didn't think of that.

Athena: *mutters* Thank the gods you gave up trying.

Hermes: Hey, you were pretty interested in my progress.

Athena: That was before you used a flame torch and nearly burned my studio down.

Hermes: *frowns*

Athena: Tell you what. I'm giving you the honors of being the first to try this out. *hands him the lightsaber and smiles*

Hermes: Really? So, do I just push this button?

Athena: *nods* Go for it.

Hermes: *presses the button and falls back on his chair when the ball of light flies off*

Athena: *quickly ducks and watches it bounce off the walls and out the doorway*

Aphrodite: *shrieks from the hallway*

Hermes and Athena: Uh-oh.

Demeter and Hestia: *rush from the kitchen*

Demeter: We heard a commotion!

Hestia: Is everything alright?

Aphrodite: *slowly walks into the room with wide eyes*

Hestia: *gasps* Oh my...

Demeter and Athena: *cover their mouths in horror*

Hermes: *grimaces*

Aphrodite: *touches her hair only to find one side completely burned off to the scalp* I'M BALD AND I LOOK HIDEOUS!

Athena: It's... not that bad. *forces a smile*

Aphrodite: *summons a mirror and lets out a blood-curling scream*

Hermes: *looking at the lightsaber in his hand* Would you look at that. A loose screw.

Athena: We knew that long ago.

Hestia: Athena!

Athena: *shrugs* What?

Hermes: *nudges Athena's arm* I meant the lightsaber, Ena.

Athena: Oh! Sorry. Yeah, I might need to make some more modifications after this.

Aphrodite: I'M BALD!

_________________________________________________________

A/N: GeneralJesus dared Athena to build a functional lightsaber.