Chapter 37 - Knox is back in America

Dedicated to  @XxPewdsFanxX thanks for the support xxx

I absolutely enjoyed writing this Knox chapter.

Please let me know what you think by voting and commenting.

Knox's POV

I feel really good at the moment. I have achieved what I had set out to do. I resurrected the little resort in Vietnam that my father asked me to work with as my introduction back into the business. It is now a fully functional resort with all the trimmings of an upscale hotel with a view. There are twenty-eight beach bungalows dotted on the mountain face and the beach. We made it so that our guests would have total privacy when in their accommodation. They can decide to eat in the common dining area or use the optional in-room dinning. Because of the customer service and what we provide, we have been receiving a steady increase of customers. We are receiving great reviews and word of mouth has been our biggest advertisement.

I am grateful that I've had a hardworking team in the past year that I have been here. Our employees are our greatest asset. I have been working with a Director that dad and I appointed about four months ago. He has now been in charge for the past three days, since I left. The Director will report directly to me if a need arises or if there is an issue that he cannot resolve. He will keep me updated by teleconferencing every Monday and via email. Together we have trained two managers, one for finance and one for the day to day running of the resort. I feel comfortable leaving these people in charge of my first project ever because of their commitment. When my father came over to see the place during the opening, he was impressed he even said so himself. It felt good getting such an acknowledgement from my dad. It's been a long time coming.

My brother has been waiting for me to get home so he could tell me his good news. I have an inkling I know what it is. It may have something to do about a certain blond bombshell he has been dating for a while now. I guess they are now getting serious.

In a couple of months I will be graduating with my bachelor's degree from Stanford University. I will then start my MBA as soon as possible. I just want to do it all at once and finish. Studying online whilst overseas has been a bi*ch but I made it. I definitely feel like my life is going the way I want it to. I also know that dad has another project for me to do.

***********

I am staying with my parents at the moment (I know I'm 25 and still at home, yes you can laugh). I haven't had the time to look for my own place and I am in no hurry to do so. My sister is still at home so that makes my parents' expectation of me more manageable.

Today my brother will be here for a family lunch with his girlfriend. That's good, maybe mum will shut up about me not being serious about marriage. I will one day, when I meet the right one. In the past year, I've dated one person, well I went on four dates with her and as soon as she started calling me "babe", I dropped her. Not ready for that yet. Why do girls have to make a simple good thing complicated?

Anyway can't wait to see my brother Jordan again. It has been a while.

"They are here, they are here!!" My sister bounds into my room without knocking. This is why I should get my own space.

"Get out so I can make myself presentable." I say pushing her out the door. Seriously she's twenty two years old and she still acts like an eighteen year old.

Actually, speaking of eighteen year olds, Ari reminds me so much of Maya. The exuberance, the carelessness and the amount of energy they both have is amazing. I haven't thought about Maya in a while. She'd be what? Maybe just twenty now. I know her birthday is in October sometime. Wow... I wonder what she looks like now. If she's finally settled down finished school? She has a potential to be someone great if she puts her mind to it.