Chapter 43: Work nuisances

Another chapter so soon...because my readers are awesome and I don't want them to wait too long.... for an update. Please vote and comment.

I really think this is my favourite chapter, what do you think

Knox's P.O.V

The Monday after the engagement party, life went back to normal. Five more months before the wedding. I can get stuff done. After Saturday, I had thought I had gotten rid of Maxine but I was very disappointed when she rang my office through my personal assistant Corey. Corey knows not to just put phones through without checking with me first.

"Mr. Knox Sir, I have a Ms. Maxine for you."

"Find out what she wants and send the phone to my sister. I really don't want to speak to her." I grumble at Corey.

"I have tried but she says she has important wedding matters to discuss and she fears if it's not taken care of now, the wedding will be ruined."

"Fine, put her through." I wonder what it is that she thinks would affect the wedding. We just had the engagement party two days ago.

"What do you want?" I question her instantly.

"Uh, hi would be lovely thank you." She actually giggles on the other side.

"I don't have time Maxine, what is the reason for your call." I am beginning to get agitated.

"Sheesh, someone is prickly today. Anyway I just wanted to discuss the wedding. We need to coordinate some stuff together. I thought I could give your PA the dates we can meet and he could add them to your calendar so you don't forget. I know you're too busy to remember such trivial things." She takes a breath and waits for my response.

To tell the truth, I'm dumbfounded. Does this woman not have anything to do but harass me? What is wrong with her?

"Is that all you rang for because I am busy? I will coordinate with the groom. You coordinate with the bride and we will meet on the wedding day. If that is all, I'm going now and please refrain from calling my office." I bang the phone back into its cradle and I am fuming.

A few seconds later the phone rings again and it's the same number, Maxine again. I am left wondering how she got past my normally very efficient PA.

"What?" I bellow into the phone.

"We have a situation." She says so subdued that I'm almost feeling guilty for shouting at her.

"Just spit it out Maxine, you are seriously wasting my time." I try for calm but I'm struggling.

"There are some pictures of us from Saturday and I just wanted to know how you wanted to handle it." She is trying to sound like she is worried about them but I've cottoned on to her. She loves the limelight.

I'm also starting to wonder if everyone in this company is just incompetent or need retraining. Why would the Public Relations team not advise me of any pictures that I assume are compromising my integrity?

"Don't worry yourself about it, I will handle it." I say to Maxine ready to throttle someone.

"That's good thanks. I just hope your girlfriend, Maya, does not get the wrong idea about the pictures. When she sees them." She says Maya's name with so much disdain it's almost dripping through the phone.

"Don't worry, we trust each other intrinsically plus she doesn't read tabloids or trashy magazines." I am so proud of response, especially after hearing a sharp intake of breath from Maxine.

"Fine, I see you're busy and being difficult at this time. We will talk later. Bye Colt." She disconnects the phone and leaves me holding my end of the phone. Did she call me Colt? Is this girl dumb or just very conveniently forgetful? I'm so frustrated that I start throwing stress balls at the door.