Bonus chapter.

My apologies if you are re-reading this... Wattpad has been placing my new chapters in the wrong order ... arghhhhh

Maxine (Just because I love her)

Meanwhile.....

Ok, so I did not think that this was going to create such a media success. My phone is ringing constantly and now I have secured 2 interviews with some top notch entertainment channels. The money is even better. Can you believe the amount of money the magazines are willing to pay for an exclusive of my baby bump and even pictures.

If I am careful enough, this could set us up for life financially. I still have one more card to play as my finale and that should definitely destroy that b*tch's life. She is living my life and I'm going to make sure it will be sour from now on. She'll wish she hadn't come to America, bloody refugees.

I know what you're thinking, no, I won't do the dirty work, but I'll make sure the media and my 'supporters' sympathise with me so much they will be willing to destroy her for me. (Is this where I insert my maniacal laugh?)

I wonder if she's seen the news yet. I hope she's crying and her heart is breaking, slowly and painfully.

Thank you media – I'll just reap the benefits of your reporting. I am sure there is a coupe there that is about to break up..... muah ha ha ha

Maya's POV

I expected Colt to come to my house but I didn't think he'd come so soon. I knew he couldn't reach me on my phone. I had to switch the stupid thing off as it was ringing non-stop with unknown numbers. As soon I answered two calls from reporters, I switched off the phone. Alecia has been filling me in on what's happening on T.V. I've decided to stay far away from it. Alecia keeps encouraging me to watch it, she claims that knowledge is power and this way I won't be ambushed with more stories I don't know of.

I've now watched the stupid news and I am relieved that I don't feature much, except for a mention here and there. Aiden has been mentioned a few time as well and he's being referred to as a big brother now. Colt had sent a bodyguard to help me but I've dismissed him now that I am home. Mum has gone with the driver to pick Aiden from school. He hasn't been there for a long time but I don't want him involved in this media fracas.

I am worried for Colton, the poor guy can't get a break. I am trying to get the heads and tails of the story that has gone so viral but it's so stupid I don't even know where to start.

One thing I'm positive of, is that the baby that Maxine is carrying is not Colton's. I am very sure of that. I trust him. What I cannot explain is why he was in a jewellery store. Even the store manager confirmed that he was there with a woman. From the few blurry pictures I can see, it is Ari but I guess the media will say what they want. She doesn't even look like Maxine.

One thing that the Knox family has drilled into me is not to trust everything the media says and to always ask instead of taking the media stories as gospel. I will ask Colt about the ring, it's the only piece of the puzzle that is not making sense.

Alecia has been adamant that it could be mine, but we haven't really discussed rings that much so I discard the thought as soon as it enters my mind.

She also said it may not be an engagement ring. It could be a different kind of ring for Ari or his Mom. Her birthday is coming up soon anyway. I guess that makes sense, but a million dollar present for your mum? I guess the rich can do whatever they lavishly want with their money and can't be as frugal as some of us.

I haven't even finished my thought when I hear a car pulling up outside. I open the curtain a little to check and sure enough Colton is strutting to the door. I get up to open the door before he even knock and I think I've surprised him.