Chapter 52: .... At the zoo with my boy.

Knox's POV

Maya is very protective of Aiden. I love that about her, but I hate that she's trying to protect him from me. After the meeting, I felt bad for forcing the issue but I absolutely despise people who don't have the courage to cancel meetings. Standing up someone is the lowest form of rejection and it's rude.

As soon as she leaves my office I call Corey and ask him to organise transport and some passes to the San Diego Zoo. I think it will be a fun outing and we may as well take the whole family. I know Aiden will probably like it. Junior will definitely love it. When I was his age, I loved animals and Dad always took us to the zoo. I want to continue the same legacy with my son.

I am nervous about meeting Aiden. He has never met me so there is a high chance he won't want to be near me. I come up with another plan. I contact Corey again and ask him to tell me where I can find some Thomas and Friends toys. If Aiden doesn't come to me on his own, I will resort to bribing him.

Once I tell Corey about my plans to take a family to the zoo, he asks how many people would be going, number of kids and ages of the kids and if I needed a driver as well. I declined the driver, which seemed to puzzle him but he didn't ask any further questions. I wasn't sure why he was asking questions about the family but I gave him the details anyway.

In hindsight, I'm glad Corey organised this. He send me an email advising me that he had booked one of the resort cars, a people mover, Mercedes-Benz Valente. He also made sure a child car seat was in place. I hadn't thought about that. Good on you Corey.

I will stay at the resort and meet Aiden on Saturday. On Sunday morning, I will head to Sacramento in time for Sunday lunch with the family. I have to talk to my family about him before the paparazzi get a whiff of the story.

************

Corey is very good at his job and finding little things I cannot find. Before I go shopping for the toys, I remind myself to call Maya and give her the heads up on my change of plans for Saturday.

Her phone rings twice and she picks up.

"Hi, it's me." I decide to tell her quickly before she says anything.

"Wow so soon. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call?" I know she is being sarcastic but I decide to ignore it.

"Well, it's just that I missed you so much I just had to call you so I can hear your voice again." I say chuckling.

"Of course, you couldn't stay away could you?" She chuckles back.

"Anyway, I just wanted to run this past you. Do you think Aiden and Junior would enjoy going to the Zoo?" I wait for her response afraid that she may say no.

"So you don't want to go to the park anymore?" She asks with no anger, which automatically makes me relax.

"I will go where ever you think they will enjoy. I just wanted to give you another option. I know when I was Junior's age I loved the zoo that's why I mentioned it."

"That's actually perfect. I had promised to take Junior to the Zoo and Sea World during the holidays. I'm sure he will be thrilled to be going earlier than scheduled." She sounds relieved and honestly so do I.

"Aiden on the other hand may not be as excited. Thank you for thinking of my brother as well. I appreciate it." I'm glad I've done something right by her.

"No problem. The whole family can come. Your mom can join us if she wants. I can get the tickets for everyone." I ask even though I'm not sure Maya's mom will enjoy it.