Chapter 59: Maxine strikes

You know the drill, vote and comment please. Along chapter but worth the length

When we arrived at the reception, this time with Junior, Ari, and her parents we see some photographers outside. I assume it must be because there is a very important person that is coming to the wedding and they're waiting for them. I don't think about it much and they ignored our group.

When we found our seats, we tried to change them but we were told not to change them. They made us sit with the family, at the table in front. I really feel like we're imposing. We shouldn't even be here.

The reception is beautiful and full of humor. The bride and groom are so comfortable with each other and they don't have to make an effort to make the guests enjoy themselves. It just happens automatically. It is a beautiful wedding.

At some point I find myself hoping that one day I will have a wedding as fantastic as this. Maybe not at such a huge extravagant scale but definitely the atmosphere.

Aiden keep run between our table and the high table. Matt and Bianca have been introducing him to the people they thought needed to know him.

"Daddy eat." Aiden demands food from his father.

"Hang on buddy, I just need to get your food from the other table." Colton responds picking Aiden up and heading to our table.

"Can I have Aiden's food please? I can sit with him at the bridal table." He asks.

"Not a good idea. He needs to be in his high chair. He will mess everything up there. Let me feed him and you can have him after." Mum tells Colton.

"Oh, yeah right." Colton agree. He bends down and whispers to Aiden again.

"Ok daddy." Aiden agrees. I don't know what he has said but Aiden is suddenly keen to sit in his chair and eat.

I loved the speeches. I even shed a tear when the bride gave hers. I also loved Colton's even though Aiden at some point called out "daddy" in the middle of the speech. Colton just responded with a "hey son" which got him some chuckles from some guests and while others were just confused.

Just after the speeches there is the groom and bride's dance, they danced beautifully. After a while the bridal party joins in. Colton dances with the maid of honour and she is definitely holding on to him. I start to wonder if something is going on with them.

The way she holds and looks at him is too intimate, like they have been together for a while. I think something is going on between the two of them. Once the song finishes, Colton extracts himself from the lady in a huff. I wonder what happened there.

I pretend I am not looking but I am and I feel jealous festering in me. I hate feeling this way and I remind myself that this is the reason I haven't been dating. Too much drama.

Colton comes straight for me once he is done with the dance.

"Now that I've done my part for the day. Will you be my date?" He asks seriously.

"What now? Wouldn't your girlfriend be upset? You should have told me you were with someone. I really hate being blindsided Knox." I say trying to hold the anger in.

I can't believe he pursued me when he has someone already. Who does that?

"What are you talking about? I am confused." He says taking a seat next to me.

"The maid of honour that's who. Don't deny it. I saw the way she looked at you and the way you were dancing." I say back at him.

"Well I don't have anyone, I haven't had a relationship before and I'm not in one now. In-fact, you were probably the closest I've come to having a relationship. That woman is not with me and will never be, don't let her intimidate you with her actions. I've been telling her off for a while now but she's committed and definitely deserves an A for trying." He says pointing at the woman who's now sending daggers my way.