Chapter 60: The talk...

I am definitely not looking forward to this talk but I know Knox has other things he really wants to clarify and I need to get some things off my chest as well.

I am about to head into the bathroom so I can change out of the dress and Knox stops me.

"Let's talk first and then you can do the rest later. I won't take long. I know you are tired." He says patting a seat next to him.

"Oh alright, I guess I can give you a few minutes." I say smiling and taking a seat.

"So let me just start from the beginning. I am really sorry that I left you in Sousu the way I did. Even though I sent word of the circumstances, I should have followed up with the guys to see how you were. I guess I was just afraid of the way I was beginning to feel for you and contacting you would have been worse. I also didn't want to stop you from having your life and enjoying it especially knowing I wasn't coming back. I actually thought you'd have found a good man by now and you could've been married and carrying his twins." He says smiling.

"Twins hey? Is that what you think I'm good for, child bearing?" I ask giving him a playful punch on his arm.

"Anyway, you were and still are just so different to anyone I have met. I mean every time I meet a girl, I end up comparing them to you and unfortunately no one can hold a candle to you." He says holding my hand again.

"Is this what you wanted to talk about? I thought we were going to talk about what happened tonight?" I ask getting a bit nervous about this conversation.

I don't think I want him to tell me about all his sexual conquests.

"I am getting there ok. I have never actually been in a relationship and I would really want to start, and I'd love to do it with you." He says looking into my eyes.

"What about all these girls after you. Don't think I don't see them looking at you wherever you are. I guess they aren't brave enough to make contact as Maxine. She definitely did stake her claim on you. I don't want to live a life where people hate me because of who I am with." I tell him truthfully.

"I won't lie to you and say there won't be another Maxine but I promise that I will look out for you. I will do everything I can to make you happy. I will try my best. Just give it a chance. If you're unhappy, then I will concede and let you go." He says passionately.

"Anyway," he continues, "I should have shut down Maxine months ago. I was just tolerating her because of my brother's wedding. I didn't want to upset anyone. Now I think I should have definitely been clearer with her. If anything like this arises in the future, I will make sure that everyone knows I am taken." He says giving me his sexiest smile.

"Ok, I understand that. Let me think about it please. I need to be sure." I say getting worried.

"That's all I need from you right now. Thanks." He says pulling me into a hug.

"Hold on, what about the photographers, the ... paps ..whatever you call them?" I ask getting back on track.

"We can't really do much about them. We have a Public Relations team that normally deals with them. We are going to have to give them permission to release a statement about Aiden most likely by tomorrow before today's pictures hit the newsstands." That doesn't make me feel good.

"Can the paps just write anything they want? Is that even legal?" I ask feeling the pressure.

"Unfortunately they can. We tend to just ignore it. Remember everything you see in those magazines is not always true. They will manipulate pictures to suit their theory. Promise me if you see anything just ask and don't jump to conclusions." His easy smile now gone.