Chapter 54: All for my son...

Another chapter woop woop

Just remember, when it doesn't say who's point of view it is, it means it's Maya's

When Knox said he would be away for a fortnight, I felt relieved. I don't have to be near him for a while or think about the next step in this ridiculous situation we are in now.

On Friday the day before his return, just before lunch, Knox rings my number at work and my stomach knots.

My body still reacts to Knox but I have been trying really hard to supress any unnecessary feelings. If they don't benefit Aiden, they are not important. I have to think of what's good for him not what my body wants.

"Hi Maya, it's Colton." He says on the other line.

"Hi Colton, how have you been?" I go for politeness.

"Been good. How's Aiden and everyone at home?"

"He is alright, actually he has asked about you a couple of times." I decide to let him know.

"That's good. He's the reason I am calling. Can I come over to your place to discuss some important matters?" He asks but sounds unsure.

"Sure, come over at around eleven and you can have lunch with us." I think he likes that because I can hear a loud sigh from the other side.

"I will be there. Thanks Maya." He says and disconnects.

I am left wondering what it is that he is eager to talk about. I thought he just wanted to hang out with Aiden but it seems he needs to talk as well.

******************

At exactly eleven o'clock, Knox knocks on our front door. Aiden runs to the door to welcome whoever is at the door.

"I'm surprised when I opened the door and casually dressed Knox strides in. He looks really good in a tight fitting long sleeved t-shirt paired with dark jeans and black sneakers. He looks ridiculously good. My pledge not to react to Knox soon flies out the window. I really want to feel that body again.

Knox is looking at me like he's just seen me for the first time. No one says anything or makes a move for a while.

I'm thankful when Aiden lifts his little hands to Knox. He breaks the moment.

"Up. Up, up daddy." He tells his father.

"Hello son, how are you. I was afraid you'd have forgotten about me by now." He says smiling.

"He hasn't, I think the toys ensures he things of you every time he sees them." I say leading him in the house.

"Can we sit somewhere and talk?" He says asking for a private area.

I lead him to the kitchen. Mum is outside hanging clothes on the line.

"What's up?" I decide to get to the point.

"I know this will sound crazy but please hear me out, ok." He says and I am already worrying about what he is about to say.

"I have told my family about about Aiden and they are quite excited and they want to meet him?" He pauses and looks at me.

"Ok, I'm alright with them meeting him Knox. I'm not going to stop him from meeting them". I saying sighing. I thought he had some bad news or something. I smile at him to assure him that it's ok.

"That's not all. They also suggested that we get a paternity test done on Aiden. It's not my idea, it's something that has to happen." Knox says

My blood drains from my face. What, he doesn't think he is his son? To hell with him. He can leave us alone.