Chapter 20

Mila could feel her head going hazy with her vision going blurry all at once. She was keeping herself awake until she at least saw her father and Leo again. Being carried by Prince Leroy on his back, Mila looked down to see Ambrose was still fine and unharmed. 'He probably had the poison training done on him.' Figuring that both boys were immune to poison to avoid being killed by little tactics.

Mila smiled at Ambrose who looked up to see her weak figure. Feeling how weak she was, Mila started breathing more quickly feeling her head burning. "If... I don't make it... tell my father... and Leo... I don't want to... see them sad. Tell them... find their happiness." Mila said, feeling tears start to fall.

"Don't speak of nonsense!" Mila heard Prince Leroy who spoke angrily to her. "If you want to tell them that, then tell them when you actually see them!" Mila smiled seeing how he just wanted her to keep fighting for her life. 'If only you could say those kinds of words for yourself or for your future loved ones.'

Hearing the siren screeching, Ambrose took the first move seeing that it was back for Mila. It still had her blood on its mouth which it licked wanting to feed more off her. Ambrose summoned out his beast which was the Psychic Crystal Mayfly.

Prince Leroy had his beast come out which was a Spike Tail Rock Cheetah. "Nic! Help him!" Prince Leroy had Mila taken to a safe spot away from the battle. "Don't you die on us." Prince Leroy knelt down, laying Mila against a tree as he told her before he left to join Ambrose.

The siren screeched loudly while they heard more sirens coming with the sound of water traveling. The sirens all combined which had them larger in size. The siren was larger than the mayfly which still fought alongside Ambrose. It screeched, hitting the ground which it took the chance to hit both the crown prince and Ambrose with its slithery eel tail fin.

Both flew hitting the ground and far away from Mila who was breathing heavily and trying to keep herself awake. "Mila!" Hearing her name, being called by Prince Leroy, she figured it was perhaps her death now.

She saw the siren coming towards her as she was about to fall unconscious. About to fall over, she felt no ground that she fell onto but someone's hand. "Mila." It was a gentle and kind voice that she knew.

"Leo..." Mila said and smiled weakly looking up to him. "Don't let... anyone die... because of... me." Mila said before everything went black in front of her with her body feeling heavy all over.

***

Leo held onto Mila in his arms, he casted a spell onto her body to avoid the poison from going further to her heart. "Elmer." Leo called out calmly, hiding his anger with smoke that appeared behind him. The siren was held back by smoke that wouldn't let it budge. Sirens loved the taste and flesh of young women and young girls. It angered Leo to see that it targeted his little beloved sister.

[My Lord, what is your command?] Appearing out was a Four Eye Smoke Caracal.

"Don't let it live." Leo said with a murderous look in his eyes. With a single swift move, Elmer had the siren screech cut off with its head falling off its body. The siren fell over, turning into water which was then left for the soil to consume. "It's time to get back home." Leo looked to the crown prince and Duke Garrick's son. "I'll be going back first." Leo rushed with Emmett left to take the crown prince and Ambrose back to the main location safely. Leo was back at the main location in seconds carrying Mila in his arms. "Get a doctor!" Leo yelled out with doctors already prepared for the return of the children.

The doctors rushed immediately over to Mila as they had her in a tent. Leo was left to stand aside and watch them all trying to save her. "Lord Leo, you have to leave the room."

"Why should I leave?! She's my sister!" Leo yelled as he felt a hand land on his shoulder. Looking behind him, he saw Duke Reynard behind him.

"She'll be fine. Have hope, she is a strong one. We have bigger problems to handle." Duke Reynard had calmed Leo down as they left the room filled with doctors trying to heal Mila.

Going back, they saw the royal guards were all about to be punished. "You will all be beheaded for failing to do your duties!!!"

"No need!" Leo spoke up looking to the empress who was the most angered when it wasn't even her child who was injured. They all watched the fourteen-year-old speak up to her. "The children have all come back and unharmed, but one. There is no need for such actions to be taken." Leo looked to the empress who knew it wasn't her child who was harmed but still her child was left alone in the forest.

"Your sister was harmed and yet you do not wish to take such action!" The empress yelled.

"Your majesty, if you don't mind. May you allow the Noble Family to take these royal guards and punish them personally rather than making a public display out of it. This only involved the Noble family members getting harmed." Leo looked to the emperor and waited for his approval.

The emperor looked down to Leo who had the same strength and intimidating look just like his father. 'Hm, just like his father. He would make a great Duke in the future for the Mireraweth kingdom.' The emperor sighed. "Very well. These royal guards will no longer work in the palace. They will be demoted, and the Noble Family will manage their punishment. Only the child of the Noble Family was harmed so this matter is over."

"Over?!" The empress looked to the emperor in anger.

"Yes, over." The emperor didn't want to continue anymore and wanted to just relax in his harem with his concubines. Leaving, the empress angrily held her hand in anger. Everyone was leaving while Prince Leroy showed up to his mother.

"Mother, it's fine." Prince Leroy was hugged by his mother as he knew she would be worried about him. "I'll be visiting Lady Mila since she saved me, so I want to make sure she is fine." Prince Leroy said while the empress looked to the Noble Family with hatred that they would take the knights who were supposed to be beheaded.

'Duke Reynard! You and your son will repay for what you did today saving those imbeciles!' The empress had returned back with her son to the palace.