Chapter 149

"Who are you, people?" Noah panted feeling that his ribs were likely broken from the impact with his old wounds still opening.

"We're here looking for Mila?" One said as they all started removing their mask and hoods, allowing themselves to reveal what they looked like under the mask.

"Are you alright? You looked like you were in a tough situation." Only one of the fellow kept his mask on out of the rest.

Noah had a good look at them and knew Aiken by his voice, but two fellows had the same dark cyan eyes as Mila. Making Noah think of the only other option for both of them. "Are you both perhaps related to Lady Mila?" Noah asked, looking at the two.

"I'm her father, Reynard Noble. This is my son as well as her older brother, Leo Noble." Duke Reynard introduced them to Noah who sighed with relief that he had the good fortune to come across them. Noah then noticed the other two men who did not seem to look familiar to him in any way.

"I am Emmett. I was Lady Mila's knight in the past." Emmett kept it simple rather than going into full details.

"I am Tim. I was Lady' Mila's healer." Tim did the same to avoid wasting too much time to introduce one another.

"You will have to speak to Prince Ambrose about it. Only he can give you the answer to where Mila is right now." Noah did not know where Mila was but felt his vision blur with Aiken catching him as he fainted from exhaustion.

"Prince Ambrose???" Duke Reynard was confused since he thought Ambrose was dead, but on top of that, he was a prince. 'Wasn't he Duke Garrick's second son?' Duke Reynard wanted to know more about this 'prince' now that he found out there was more behind the Graves's family.

"He'll have to explain to us after we meet him," Aiken said, knowing exactly where to find him. 'This guy better know what to say since he will be meeting his 'in-laws'.' Aiken was not going to help ZH this time since he did not want to be involved.

***

Mila awoke to feel that her eyes were slowly getting better than before. She could finally see color with a bit of a blur still there in her vision. 'It's good enough that my eyes are slowly coming back.' Mila smiled and then looked down at her belly with good hopes for her labor. "Time sure flies by quickly." Her belly had grown huge with her being as far as eight months already. "ZH, are you doing alright? You're not in trouble are you." Mila worried all the time since she had been stuck in the lodge even though there were times when she wanted to just run and find him. Yet, her child kept her from running out and getting harmed again. There wasn't much for her to do, but she would love to read the children's book that Bert would request from Eulalius since it was said that children could still hear from outside their mother's womb. Continuing to use Blizzard's eyesight to be able to read the letters.

"How are you feeling?" Bert came into her room again seeing how she was awake now, placing another children's book on top of the desk in the room.

"I've been feeling better. My vision also seems to be slowly coming back." Mila could see Bert placing another book that he possibly asked from Eulalius. She could recall the first time that he asked Eulalius to get some children's books, but there was a huge argument about the first children's book that she never got to see for herself.

"That's good. It means that soon you'll be able to see your child." Bert was making sure that Mila would soon be able to see clearly before she went into labor. His method of medicine and herbs were working far better than he expected. She didn't have to consume it or drink it, but just had some herbs placed around her eyes to ease the muscles. He did not think that he would use such methods when it not only depended on her eyes themselves but also her soul.