Chapter 29

"Oh, by the way, are you all going to the ball?" Iris asked, seeing how they haven't really said much about it or mentioned it at all.

"A ball?!?!?" Mila had to make it seem convincing and it would be good since she had never been to one before. Not even in her first life did she ever go to one due to certain issues. 'I have to make sure I'm convincing. Being a child still, I have to make myself still a little childish.' Mila looked excitedly to them all.

"Have you never been to one?" Iris asked since she was a bit surprised by how she reacted.

"No, I'm always at home studying. Is it fun?" Mila smiled looking at Iris who took her by both hands all of a sudden.

"I don't understand why you've never been to one. You're lucky to never go to one!" Iris never wanted to go to royal balls, but she found that Mila would be a good partner to go with. "You're going then!" Iris announced with Leo and Ambrose spitting their tea out nearly choking on it.

"Pffftttt!!!!"

"Lord Leo?! Lord Ambrose?!" Sara handed them some napkins to clean up while she looked to see if maybe the tea was too bitter. 'Is the tea bad now?' Sara did not know what caused both Leo and Ambrose to cough so harshly.

"Okay!" Mila smiled holding Iris's hands.

"What's going on?" Duke Reynard came in seeing Leo and Ambrose coughing tremendously while Perry was laughing at the two gentlemen. "Mila, what happened?" He decided to ask Mila who seemed to know something.

"Father! I'm going to my first ball!" Mila rushed to him with a smile.

"Ball??? You know about this???" Duke Reynard knelt down to see Mila who looked excited to hear about it. "Did you want to go?" He asked Mila who nodded with her innocent smile that would be convincing enough to allow her to go.

"I want to go with my father and Leo! I also want to see my friends there!" Mila looked to her friends who were all there for her. She could tell that she had met all the right people in this life to be by her side.

"I'll have to take you to a tailor to have your dress made." Duke Reynard said Mila was filled with nothing but happiness.

"Thank you, father." Mila was then held onto Duke Reynard's arms. Mila smiled, kissing his cheek which had surprised him.

'They had such a great father and daughter bond.' Iris thought seeing how it was just like her and her father. She grew up without a mother figure and only had her father and older brother in her life.

Duke Reynard didn't even expect it but he was happy inside. "I'll go with you both then to the tailor." Leo didn't want to leave Mila alone when they went out. This was going to be the first time that they actually went out. Mila rarely went out and if she did then she would wear a mask to hide her scar. Over time, Mila's scar had shrunk a bit as she started growing, but there were still some doubts with it.

Watching everyone leave, Mila laid on her bed feeling tired. 'Too many friends today.' Mila didn't think that they would exhaust her, but it was another good day. It felt like it was always a good day with her knights, friends, and family.

Hearing the knocking again, Mila smiled going over to see Jero. Taking the letter, Jero just did his usual thing.

'We will meet soon. It'll be our little secret.' - ZH

Mila didn't know what they had in mind, but she was feeling even happier that they were meeting soon. She would have to wait and see how they met or where they would meet. Petting Jero, she left the letter as it was and smiled knowing that she had to be ready.

A week passed, and Mila finally was going to the ball which every single person was ready for. Mila wore her purple pearl hair pin along with a purple mask matching her purple dress. "Are you ready?" Leo held his hand out which Mila gladly took.

Going into the carriage with her father and Leo in the same carriage. Mila couldn't help but smile to know that she was finally going to her first ball. "Mila, do not leave the ball room. Make sure to stay away from any suspicious figures." Leo advised Mila to stay on guard.

"I got it!" Mila said. They had made it to the palace, hearing the palace music from afar. Mila took a hold of her father's hand as they walked up the stairs. Going up, Mila gasped to see how huge the place was. Nobility people all around from the Mireraweth kingdom.

"Let's go." Mila followed after her father and brother. Sitting down, they had a table reserved for their family. Looking at the entire room, Mila saw how everyone was dressed to their best. Mila saw Prince Leroy sitting on the side with his new concubine at one of the tables below. She was the princess of Gririth kingdom with her common light brown hair and light brown eyes.

'Oh, that's Lady Lana.' Mila saw the woman who was the future empress for the Mireraweth kingdom. Lady Lana had a good heart with her beautiful features of dark maroon hair and cinereous brown eyes. Mila saw her for the first time and knew that she gave birth to Prince Leroy's first child. Sadly, his concubine didn't have any.

"Mila, we have to speak to a few folks around here. Don't get lost." Duke Reynard said to her after he left with Leo. Mila was now alone and ate her food until she saw a hand in front of her.

"It's been a long time, Lady Mila." Mila looked up to see Prince Leroy. "Would you like to accompany me in a dance?"

"Your highness, you have Lady Addis there. She may enjoy it if you ask her for a dance." Mila said, hoping that Prince Leroy knew his position.

"It's fine." He took her hand; Mila didn't understand why he would ask her to dance. Being friends, it was fine, but the only issue was that she was still short. She was looking away since she didn't want to keep looking at his stomach. Once the music ended, Mila just wanted to have Prince Leroy dance with Lady Lana. All of a sudden, Mila felt her hand taken by none other than Ambrose who came wearing his mask. "I'm still dancing with Lady Mila." Prince Leroy said with an upset tone.

"Prince Leroy, do you remember me?" Lady Lana asked looking at Prince Leroy who was a little hesitant to leave Mila.

"Why don't you both recall some memories? I'll be with Ambrose." Mila took the chance to escape and started dancing with Ambrose while Prince Leroy danced with Lady Lana.

"Thanks, I needed that save." Mila said, sighing with relief that she could finally get away from the crown prince. It was better now since she actually had a partner she could see face to face, sort of. She didn't want to be seen with Prince Leroy mostly when he was going to have multiple wives in the future. Mila saw Iris wave to her while dancing with Perry on the dance floor. 'They are dancing together also!'

Ambrose twirled Mila which caused her to smile and giggle the entire time that they were dancing together. She could sense Ambrose enjoying their moment also which she found amusing. Once the music ended, Mila wanted to be alone for a bit which Ambrose gladly allowed it. She went to the balcony part of the room and saw the bright stars of the night.

"Are you alone?" Mila heard a boy's voice behind her, one which she never heard before.