Chapter 166

"I'm fine. I was just worried that you haven't eaten yet." Lady Lana held a weak smile while petting Luke's head at the same time. 'My son is so handsome. If only I could get the chance to see you grow up into a fine man.' Lady Lana held a deep wish in her heart to watch her son grow up and have a family of his own with one woman who will love him for who he was.

"Mother, you do not need to worry." Luke did not understand why this woman worried so much about him when he was clearly not a child by mind. "This is the palace and if the maids and servants do not feed me then they will be severely punished by the emperor himself for not taking care of his first grandson." Luke knew that his 'grandfather' couldn't care less, but they needed a future heir in case something went wrong with his father during the next few years or even months. Luke had no intention of being another ruler or emperor for another kingdom or realm. It was too tiring for him to handle two positions all at once. He was just going to leave the kingdom to die down or have another handle it instead. 'There is really no point in managing this place when it is nothing in the end. Humans do not live long anyway. Nothing about this place is special as it is.' Luke narrowed it all down, feeling quite clear that this place had nothing special about it.

"You're right. Let's go eat though. I want to spend more time with you before you get too busy with your studies." Lady Lana smiled, taking his hand as both went ahead to the dining room where they both stumbled upon Prince Leroy talking to the sorcerer who was always by the emperor's side. Lady Lana and Luke hid behind the walls of the corridors. "Shh..." Lady Lana had seen the sorcerer around, but she knew that the sorcerer always had some kind of motive in mind when talking to someone.

"Are you sure it will work?" Prince Leroy said looking to the sorcerer who he had been agreeing on terms with at this moment. Lady Lana never saw her husband on terms with the sorcerer.

'This is the first time that I've seen them actually talking. The surrounding air is not deadly or anything. It's in complete terms.' Lady Lana found this rather suspicious, feeling a bit fearful of the entire situation.

"Trust me. It will work. You just have to remember our deal." The sorcerer smiled with Lady Lana feeling an evil aura emitting off the sorcerer who she had always felt was suspicious in the Mireraweth Palace. "Who's there?" The sorcerer looked to the place where both Lady Lana and Luke were hiding.

Luke knew that both would be caught if he did not do something since he knew from the beginning what intentions the sorcerer had in mind along with his real identity that he kept to himself. Going out, Luke peeked out looking to meet gazes with the sorcerer and his 'father' out in the hallway. Noticing that it was only a child, they had nothing to worry about with their plans.

"Father, what are you doing here?" Luke looked to Prince Leroy and then to the sorcerer who was standing next to him. "Is that the man who is always by grandfather's side?" Luke had to act his age or else they would find it suspicious that a child would be hiding and listening in on their conversation. They would even think that he was some kind of puppet being used to find information from the royal family if found.

"Luke? Why are you here? Where's your mother?" Prince Leroy knelt down with Luke walking over to meet him.

"Mother has been sick, and she couldn't reach the dining room to eat." Luke held a sad expression, looking to the ground to make it more real. "I wanted her to go get some rest since she has been sickly for some time." Luke made sure that it was convincing, knowing that his mother had finally left their hiding spot before she got caught. He had released enough mana to throw the sorcerer off from finding the person he was really looking for.

"Your mother has been sick?" Prince Leroy did not have a single clue about Lana being ill, which he needed to see her. 'It has been quite some time that we've actually spent the time together.' After all, she was his first wife who stood by his side throughout all this time and never once argued or complained about bringing in another woman into his harem. "Why don't we both go see her then. I'll be leaving along with my son. We will talk about this matter another time." Prince Leroy told the sorcerer who knew that they were going to meet again. The sorcerer smiled, allowing both father and son to leave while he looked around since he felt as though there was a different aura that he sensed nearby.