Chapter 167

Lana was lying down in bed again, coughing into her handkerchief. She saw small droplets of blood in it, knowing that her time was rather short now. She only had a limited amount of time left, the little amount of time she had left. She wanted to spend the rest of it with her son, who kept her out of the thought of jealousy in the harem. If it weren't for her son, then she would have been one who sought the attention of her husband, but taking care of her blood and child was her top priority. 'I must take care of my son. No matter what, I cannot let him encounter any danger.' Lana did not want anything to happen to him if she only had a few months or a year left.

"I can see that you are sick again in bed."

The sudden voice made her afraid, she looked over seeing that it was none other than the sorcerer. "What brings you here?" Lana asked, laying back down in bed with her pale figure. 'What great timing.' Knowing fully well that the sorcerer would be the one to find out that she is ill.

"Just dropping by and seeing you at the request of Prince Leroy." Nerva went over and went ahead and checked on her condition. He had checked her pulse and mana to find that it was rather more severe than he thought. He looked down at the bedridden woman who was pale and sickly as the rumors said she was. 'At most... she has maybe a year or two left.' Keeping it in his thoughts, he did not understand why this woman wanted to hide everything from her husband and child.

"You know of my condition." Lana sighed a breath, feeling as though her breath was a little short. "Do not tell them about it. It would be better that they do not know, but let me make good memories with them." Lana said and sighed after looking up at the ceiling.

"May I know why you refuse to tell them the truth?" Nerva was curious about the woman who was sickly lying in bed. Finding it strange that she would catch his attention for some unknown reason.

"Sometimes, the greatest memories are created when you least expect it. I do not wish to make things awkward or turn sour once they know about my illness." Lana never intended to tell anyone, but she would rather tell someone before her deathbed. "My mother died from the same illness, and I have no intentions of telling them about it either. My father found out about her illness, and the days turned darker with sad memories made until my mother passed away. I have no intention of telling them to make my days sadder or darker. I want my remaining days to be filled with nothing but happiness." Lana told Nerva, who could not believe that a woman like her would wish for such a thing. Lana decided to sit up, leaning against the bed frame behind her.

"What if I refuse to hide it from them?" The sorcerer tried to see if he could threaten her at this time.

"I do not care what you want, but I only wish that they do not know about my condition. You can have whatever you want." Lana figured that the sorcerer would be like this. 'There is no way that this sorcerer would leave me alone... I am the Crown Prince's wife.' Lana knew that she would not be able to avoid the sorcerer since her husband was now in cahoot with him.

"If you do as I say, then I will be sure not to tell them on your behalf." Nerva held Lana around her waist, making her gasp to see how shameful he was to even touch a married woman such as her. "I'll be sure to tell you what I want. During this time, do not think that I am not going to tell them if you disobey." Nerva released Lana, leaving the room with Lana coughing again on the other side. 'Why do you wish to hide the pain that you feel?' He questioned, and then he recalled his mother, who died of a similar illness that never had a cure. 'Stupid woman.' He thought and went ahead on his way.

Lana needed time to think about what had just happened with the sorcerer who had just touched her, making her fear more for her son. Thinking about the woman who saved her before, she felt the need to get her help this time. The suspicious woman who went against the Mireraweth Emperor. "Where are you now?" Lana wanted to seek her help at all costs. 'There is something that I wish for you to fulfill for me if I cannot do it.'