Chapter 71

[My... name?] The little beast had already made a contract with Mila ever since it had been in the egg by the previous Kate. The little fox had no idea what her name was but only heard the name Kate from the young woman in front of her. There was no need to have the contract start all over again from the beginning.

"Kate. Your name is Kate." Mila hugged the little fox that snuggled against her chest warmly with her heart beating with comfort. "My little Kate." Mila cried, seeing and thinking of it as a miracle with how Kate came to be and remained by her side once again. 'So this is what everyone always meant when they say that the birth of a new life was always a miracle.' Mila recalled her last lifetime that everyone was having a child here and there while she continued to age on with none. Telling her that it was a miracle to have a child with their one and only lover even though many women that she knew were sharing the same man which she had no intentions of sharing hers. It was the same with the birth of a beast since she had no children of her own, but it still felt similar. She didn't even know if there was ever going to be a chance for her to have children in this lifetime but there was still a little tug of hope in her.

After a while, Mila only saw her vision blur with her body falling over, indicating that she had fainted with ZH rushing over to catch her before she fell on the ground. "Mila?! Mila?!" He didn't notice that she had been bleeding from her leg, which must've been from the Mana Hunters when they were chasing after her. Carrying her, they had taken Mila back to her room where she was being healed and bandaged by the doctors and healers who were summoned personally by ZH.

Kate was now a baby beast that knew nothing about her past life nor any knowledge about those around her which she had decided to lay down on the bed next to Mila. She watched Mila who was sound asleep while the other two large beasts stayed in her room guarding her while she rested, still feeling a bit wary of the Mana Hunters who could still be trying to catch her.

[We need to wait now. Things didn't go as they should have, but Kate is now here with us while Mila needs time to recuperate.] Skye laid down on the floor with Vivian in the room standing up and looking at her.

"I'll be back. I have to settle some scores with those bastards." ZH left the room with a deadly aura that allowed every beast around to sense its dangerous killing intent.

[When will mama wake up?] Skye and Vivian became wide-eyed shocked looking at the little Kate who was close to tears and whimpering beside the sleeping Mila in the bed.

[I-I-I heard correctly, r-r-right?] Vivian looked at Skye for clarification since she hoped that her ears were not getting too old. Skye nodded since she did not want to be the only one with hearing issues for their age. They were still considered to be young adults in their beast years.

[Yep, it was 'mama'.] Skye didn't know how they were going to explain to Kate that Mila was their master, not her mother. [Umm... Kate...] Skye did not want to break the heart of a little beast who was recently born not too long ago. Yet, the little young Kate was already filled with ideas and knowledge that exceeded further than average young beasts.

[Papa will be sure to beat the bad who make mama cry!] Kate shouted out, with her tails wagging behind her rapidly with excitement.

Hearing nothing but more nonsense, both Skye and Vivian felt like their whole senses broke with a crack in the background. [There's no way we can tell her now.] Skye huffed out a breath, being sure to tell Mila about the whole situation with Kate. [I can see why Kate struggled with you and me growing up.] Skye then looked to Vivian who smiled since she was quite the childish beast back in their younger years.

[Who's the little fox?] Cotton was the first to speak with Net following after her. Both entered Mila's room with curiosity at the little new beast that just joined them.