Chapter 148

Vita was rubbing her eight-month belly, she sighed feeling that the days had passed quickly with her belly growing more and more. She hated the feeling of being pregnant and she didn't want to be pregnant again. 'There is no chance that I will have another child in the future.' Experiencing all the morning sickness and heavyweight, this is already torture.' Feeling very clear that she was not going to let herself have another child after her first. 'I still cannot believe that I would come this low to bear the child of a low-class man.' She felt rather disgusted that she was having a child with a lowly man when she was born from a higher class than him. The thought of being degraded lower and lower as she was the Mireraweth emperor concubine which held no power or position in the palace besides being the emperor's 'toy'. 'None of this was supposed to happen.' Vita angrily clutched the blankets that were covering her.

"Lady Vita, the bath is ready for you." The maid said keeping her head down knowing that Vita was the worst and violent concubine out of the rest. 'I have to be sure to keep myself out of trouble. If I am in her way then I will not be able to take care of my family.' The maid was a mother of two children, but she left her children in the care of her mother. Leaving them was the hardest decision that she had to make, but they needed money to keep it all together.

Vita got up from her bed but stopped to feel pain below which alarmed her. "Ahh!" She clutched her belly and felt worried since she was only eight months far into her pregnancy. The doctor had informed her that things would be difficult if she were to go into labor too early. She wasn't ready yet to have her child with her heart beating with fear. The maid looked up to see blood at Vita's legs, knowing fully well what was going on.

"You're bleeding! I'll go and get a doctor." The maid was about to rush out and call a doctor when the sorcerer came up casting the spell to have the maid sleep. Thud Hearing the maid fall onto the ground, she could hear nothing else now that she was unconscious.

The doors to Vita's room shut leaving the sorcerer to go up to her to see her condition. "It seems as though you were poisoned." He said getting on one knee and looking down at Vita. 'It seems as though someone in my group is trying to ruin my plans.' Nerva did not think that there would be someone in his group who would go against him.

"Poisoned?!" Vita clutched her belly again feeling the pain in her belly, knowing fully well that there was someone confident to go against the curse of this kingdom. "Are you going to help me or not?! Remember that this is not only my child but your child." Vita said angrily, glaring at him since she was going through all of this for him to get what she wanted.

Nerva pondered for a minute, thinking about the whole situation that they were in. "It would be nice... but the child has already passed away once you took that poison. The poison was meant to kill a fetus or even an unborn infant instantly once it reached there. At this point, you're useless to me now." Hearing that from Nerva, Vita could feel her vision and body turn blue and limp all at once. Nerva just watched her suffer till her last breath, he turned to leave her room before anyone else came in. Looking at the maid on the ground, he took her to see if she could have been working for that person who went with their plan to go against him.

***

"Your highness, why do you treasure me so much?" Camila asked, seeing how Prince Leroy would always visit her every single day when she was just a maid that was made into a concubine and put into his harem. 'Does he know about my background?'

"Do you not believe in my love for you?" He said holding her close to him with her back hitting his chest. Prince Leroy continued to tell her sweet words that he assumed would make it believable. Both were in the garden where he was hugging her from behind while enjoying the view of the entire place.