Chapter 72

Mia sat down at the table with her face still flushed red with what Kate called ZH that early morning. "Mila, you don't have a fever do you?" Sara felt Mila's forehead not feeling any hot temperature. Mila grew redder to think back when ZH also felt her head that morning to check up on her.

"I-I-I'm fine." Mila ate her food while Kate was eating with the rest of the beasts nearby.

[Mama! This is really good food!] Kate said, happily eating her food around near the other four beasts who she referred to as her elders with Mila watched them all in awe.

[H-H-How long will we let this go on for?] Cotton asked the group of beasts around her who were just as concerned and worried about Kate's young mindset.

[Until she is old enough to understand the difference between humans and beasts. Along with knowing between master and companions in the future. Just not now.] Skye sadly said since they couldn't say 'no' to such an innocent baby beast at this stage of their life.

Mila couldn't say anything and she didn't want to make Kate cry since she was still a baby beast. Yet, they know that they are spoiling much more than they shouldn't be. 'I have a bad feeling about this.' Mila thought, feeling very worried about the future but Kate got too confident with herself.

***

Somewhere in the Asiradda Palace...

"Okay, so what's the plan this year?" Emmett asked, knowing that they were going to do a surprise birthday for Mila. They had all gone to the kitchen of Asiradda palace with all of the ingredients that they bought all together.

"Well, I'm going to be making the cake while you all have to think of something." Sara was always the one making the cake since none of them knew how to even make it to begin with.

"What's going on?" Kayla had walked in on the four of them with ZH also curious about the entire stir up in Kayla's home.

"Don't be too loud!" Thelma shushed them a gesture, getting the two to come over to the rest of the group.

"It'll be our lady's birthday tomorrow so we are going to surprise her. She will be turning twelve this year and so we always try to make the best of it for her." Tim told Kayla and ZH who now understood why they were being so secretive. "Wanna join us?"

Kayla and ZH smiled since they didn't think doing a surprise party would be fun. They had never really done one before and so it was a new experience for them.

***

Mila was out in the Asiradda palace garden, she laid down on the grass with Cotton, Net, and Kate laying down around her. Cotton and Kate rolled around on the grass, enjoying the cool temperature that it gave off. Net just watched the two beasts roll around in front of him while he sunbathed under the sun's light. Vivian and Skye were looking around and messing with one another using their elements since it wasn't dangerous for them. Taking a deep breath, Mila released it feeling her hair still covering her left side of the face with her mask on to hide her.

'How is it possible that I can still have my memories after my reincarnation?' Mila was stuck with questions that continued to linger in her head since Kate didn't have her memories after being reborn into another younger body of hers. 'What just happened? Am I supposed to have my old memories for a reason?' Holding her head, she recalled all the bad events from her last life once more which could never be forgotten no matter how hard she tried to forget it.

[Mama, are you feeling okay?] Hearing Kate worried for her, Mila smiled petting her small fox head that popped out from the side of her view.

"I'm okay. Just thinking about old stuff." Mila sighed, looking up to the clear sky that showed no sign of the day turning dark anytime soon.