Chapter 77

"Leo already got married, so I don't have to worry anymore about your future. I'll be hoping for kids from you both soon. I'll be a happy aunt when that happens." Mila giggled to see their reactions, making Leo look at her with a glare while Luce turned red from the thought of it once Mila had mentioned.

"Mila... when did you become this bold?" Leo looked at Mila who was indeed bolder than before. She had more confidence in her words which would make one rather worried about her in the future if she said anything wrong in front of the wrong group of people or even the royal family.

"Hmm... I don't know. It's probably instinct." Mila smiled, seeing how Leo was being more and more expressive than she remembered since he would struggle to express his emotions. Cotton was soon sound asleep with Net as they cuddled together for warmth while sleeping in the carriage.

"Who are these beasts?" Leo pointed to the two that were sound asleep next to Mila. He didn't know if the two little beasts were the ones that Mila was looking for.

"They are my new friends. The Cottontail Raccoon is Cotton. The Newt is Net. But, they are not my beasts through a contract which I am sure that you can tell. It may seem like it, but they are my beloved friends who I do not force to make a contract with." Mila petted their heads, knowing that Cotton and Net loved it when Mila petted their heads since they felt warmth from her comfort. Cotton started kicking her feet in the air since Mila was scratching her good spot behind her ear. 'You still act like a child.' Mila couldn't help but see how spoiled Cotton always was with her.

Luce giggled, seeing how beasts favored Mila with a single touch that she did to them. "It's good that you have these beasts. Are they perhaps in a contract with you?"

"No, they just came along and joined. I had no intention of tying them with me, and they chose the path on their own." Mila wasn't going to force them into any contract, but she also didn't want any more beasts than what she already had.

"That's strange. They just followed and that's it." Luce didn't think that such beasts would follow someone without a contract. She found it rather rare to be able to see such a scene in front of her.

Mila wasn't going to tell them about her ability to speak to beasts without a contract. She had even warned her group and comrades to avoid telling anyone since it could lead to danger with more people other than the Mana Hunters to chase after her. Their carriage stopped, making Mila see her home where her father had been patiently waiting for her. "Let's go meet father!" Mila hopped out of the carriage with Cotton and Net waking up to chase after her.

[I wonder if we will still be able to stay with Mila.] Cotton looked over to Net who ended up hopping onto her head to hang on since she was able to run faster than him.

[I'm pretty sure that we can. Mila would never allow us to be homeless since she has been with us for three years. She is not someone who would keep us and then toss us out after.] Net knew that it was not Mila's type of attitude or thought to abandon them.

[You're right! Let's see if we can see her room or even get a few snacks here!] Cotton laughed along with Net which they loved snacks from all around the kingdom.

"She sure is a lively and talented child. If only I had met her sooner." Luce then took Leo by the hand as she got down from the carriage with his support.

"You would never believe how different she was from before," Leo said, taking Luce into their home as his one and only wife. He needed to explain to his father about his marriage to Luce.

It was night which was about the time that everyone was eating in the dining room with her other half-siblings and stepmothers. Mila didn't care since she was too excited to meet her father after the event apart for so long.