Chapter 92

"Your majesty! If we do not find Lady Addis then the peace treaty would be futile with the Gririth kingdom!" A man shouted out to the Mireraweth Emperor to think more carefully about their options that were heavily affected.

"We also would not be able to have their assistant in this war when they find out that she was taken away like nothing!" Another pointed out that their kingdom was in a more dire situation than it was before the war even started, or rather when they were given three years to prepare for it all, but the last war had taken a lot out of their troops and kingdom.

"Not a single trace of Lady Addis has been found yet!" The men around kept shouting with concern for their lives more than any other with selfishness to flee if their kingdom tumbled by any chance after everything. "She attended the hunting event as most ladies would, but she was kidnapped in that whole ordeal when she was our hostage here!" Every person in the room listened to the man who had shouted out the fact that their kingdom was losing itself.

The emperor felt irritated once again to see that they may have gotten into another war with an unexpected guest with all of his men scared by such events instead of being able to stand without the look of fear on their faces. "Should we keep pursuing the Maedda kingdom or... pursue the unwanted guest who kidnapped our hostage from the last war?" The emperor looked down to the men below, giving no care if he called the Gririth Princess a hostage which he preferred that term for her since they took her as part of the peace treaty between the two kingdoms. Although, what his men had said was true that if she was not within their kingdom, then the peace treaty would have no meaning between the two kingdoms. They had to choose between the two options that they were given by the emperor. Knowing that both options did not seem to be what they wanted since they were given a choice to give up one in the end. There were no options to choose both since the beginning of the entire meeting when it first started.

"I believe pursuing the unknown guest is the best choice out of the two that we are given." Duke Reynard looked up to the emperor, holding his same cold look with the only best option for them in his mind since they did not know who they were up against since no one else knew about the unknown individual's identity. 'It would be better to try and know this individual first and see what they can do to us before we choose the wrong option. We need to see if they have a weakness or a motive before things get too tricky.' Thinking it through, he wanted to know more about the unknown guest who had entered into their kingdom and kidnapped the princess of Grirth Kingdom as their first plan. There was silence filling the air for some time in the throne room with not a single person making a single movement or gesture of any sort. In the end, Duke Reynard would not care if they opposed him or went along with him since the final decision would be up to the emperor if he wanted to keep going towards the Maedda troop or the unknown quest.

"Why do you say so?" The emperor looked to Duke Reynard, seeing that he was asking them to target the unknown beings who appeared out of the blue into their territory without knowing their real motive.

"The Maedda kingdom may be at an advantage, but if we can get this unknown guest to work with us then perhaps we can sort out a deal to them." Duke Reynard could only think of such a suggestion to go ahead and get the help of the Maedda troops or the unknown individual if they held such strength in them. They either needed to get rid of the individual who decided to take one of the high-ranking women of the kingdom when she was like one of the princesses for a sign of peace treaty or get help from the individual to stop the Maedda troop.

"How do you know that they are going to be willing to work with us?" The emperor didn't know if words from the uninvited guest could be trusted since they did not know the individual while the kingdoms always had some knowledge amongst one another. 'Why does he suggest that we find that individual to help us in this war? What can they do for us in this situation? What happens if they are not what we need in the end?' The Mireraweth emperor piled on questions that only he would think about while the rest of the men below criticized Duke Reynard's reasoning in their minds.