Chapter 68

"Mila, rest for now." ZH had taken Mila back to her room with everyone leaving them alone. Yet, Mila continued with her thoughts all in a mess from that whole event. Thinking that ZH may be the only one who could calm her down in this kind of situation.

"ZH, does it feel like you are missing something in your heart? Have you ever lost someone important knowing that they would never remember you in your last life?" Mila held onto his sleeve feeling too tired and exhausted from knowing that Kate was soon going to die but live again to not remember anything in the end. It made her think about how that could have been if she wasn't gifted with memories of her past life.

"I have, but there is someone right now that I wish to protect from leaving me forever." ZH hugged her close to his chest knowing how much Mila was experiencing losing someone even though they would meet again as a new being with new memories to create. "Cry all you want. No one is going to laugh at you. If they do, then I'll be sure to personally handle them." ZH rubbed her back soothing her while Mila cried in his chest feeling ashamed, but it felt like a relief swept over her shoulders making it lighter on her.

***

"Poor child, this must be the first time that she's lost something or someone very important." Kayla said, sighing after to see how a child like her could feel such connection with just an egg that was still in its dormant stage.

"I don't know what she will be like if she loses someone like us. Think about how she would feel if she lost one of us instead. I can't imagine our young lady in this state again if she were to lose someone so close to her." Sara looked to everyone who was in their group. "Think about it, this means that she will cry this much." Sara had raised Mila; she knew how Mila could look cold and stern, but she really cares about those who she had been with since young.

Speaking the truth to everyone, they needed to wait and see how Mila would be for the next few days.

"Sara, don't worry. Every one of us was brought together by our young lady. We will never leave her side for as long as we live. Remember, we have all made vows and promises to her and each other." Emmett looked to Sara and then to everyone who he had been traveling with which created a family and friendly bond amongst another.

"It is as Emmett said. All of us must be careful and cautious at all times since we cannot let anything happen to each other. We've all grown within the time being together." Tim hugged onto Thelma who smiled knowing that it was indeed a miracle that they all met one another.

"The young lady was like a miracle to each of us. I am truly happy that we happened to come across her in our most devastating and low points in life." Thelma couldn't help but express herself since she was found by Mila in her lowest point in life, almost being a slave.

Kayla watched the entire group, never thinking that such a group could have so much affection and hopes for one another. 'Strange, you people really have an odd aura that emits around you.' She thought, seeing the aura around them that did not emit evil but more like hope. 'There may be something for the future for us to see.' She smiled, thinking about how there could be changes that happen.

***

It was just as they all expected from their young lady, they were waiting outside of her room trying to get her to eat. It had been four days and she refused to get out and even refused to eat within those days. "Mila, if you don't eat then-" Sara was cut off.

"Please leave me alone!" Mila had locked the doors and kept to herself, refusing to comply with their comfort and efforts. Hugging the pillow, she didn't want to go anywhere and felt her heart was heavy yet again after the entire event happened with her and Kate.