Chapter 101

"Are you talking about the Mireraweth emperor?" ZH looked down to see Mila nod her head in response. "I won't let him take you. There's no reason for him to take you for himself." ZH wrapped his arm around Mila, not wanting to think about her being part of the Mireraweth emperor's harem. Although, he knew deep down that the Mireraweth emperor would not take advantage of Mila since she belonged to another kingdom. He had his ways to find out if she was still a maiden or not. 'I won't let such filth touch you.' ZH did not want to imagine Mila tied and locked up by the Mireraweth emperor.

"I'm worried that he will try to use me. By now, he probably has both of my half-sisters as his concubines in his harem." Mila did not feel a slight bit sad for them since she could recall a few things in her past life with them like any other.

"Do you wish to save them?" ZH didn't know if Mila cared for them or not but for sure he knew that they did not have any good terms together.

"..." Mila sighed since she already knew her answer from the very beginning. "I do not wish to save them. They should learn to get out by themselves than to depend on others to save them." Thinking back about it, she could recall Vita asking her past ex-husband to help her to avoid marriage a bit longer. Giving Vita the chance to get close to her led to her death. "Also, they have despised me since birth, and never had they ever treated me like their sister. If we had built a sibling bond like me and Leo, then things would've been different." Mila was only speaking her mind since it was the truth.

"I didn't think that you would leave them like that, but..."

Mila looked up to him, not sure if ZH felt pity for her half-sisters. "If you want to save them, then you can. I won't stop you." Not giving a care if he went ahead and did so. 'If you do, then I would give up on you then to keep on lingering feelings for you.' Thinking it through, she had no intentions of keeping a one-sided love if it was never meant to be.

"Are you jealous?" ZH was teasing her, but Mila scoffed at getting out of his arms. ZH went back towards Mila, wrapping both of his arms around her once more. "You didn't let me finish, but I don't care. Anyone who messes with you means that they are messing with me." He already knew what both of Mila's sisters had done to her, but he did not know about her past life with them.

Mila couldn't help, but smile to know that he cared about her more than she thought. 'Either this man loves me or he just knows how to sweet talk me.' Both just sat there watching the rainfall.

They didn't even recognize the four people that we're watching them.

***

"Such a cute and young couple." Sara giggled, seeing how compatible Mila and ZH were. 'I hope that they can truly be together in the future.'

"I agree. She will marry a fine man in the future." Thelma smiled, looking at Mila and ZH out on the porch. 'They truly seem like a match made for one another.'

'Imagine how angry her father would be.' Both Emmett and Tim thought at the same time, knowing that Duke Reynard would never let ZH off the hook for hugging Mila that way.

"They better be sure to settle down and have her father's blessing. It would be a huge mess if they both just eloped." Tim pointed out, looking at the young couple who were outside.

"Wait until you have your first kid. I and Sara are gladly waiting for our little bundle to come soon." Emmett hugged Sara, kissing her head.

"You both should be planning for a baby soon." Sara smiled, looking at Thelma who blushed looking away. "After all, no one stays young forever." Sara meant to direct that more towards Tim who was already in his thirties when he did not look the age.