Chapter 118

Duke Reynard all of a sudden broke his teacup by the handle for some unknown reason. Feeling some rise of random emotions all over his body. 'What is this odd feeling???' It had never occurred to him before, making him a bit worried.

"Grandfather?! Why did you all of a sudden break the cup?!" Ella watched Duke Reynard's cup fall to the ground while he still held the handle in his hand. '"Grandfather??? Grandfather???" Ella was completely ignored, not knowing the reason for him to pause for so long with silence.

"I-I don't know." Duke Reynard finally spoke out after a long pause not knowing why, but he had some odd feeling that it involved Mila. 'Is this some kind of sign to tell me something? Or am I just thinking about her too much?'

Leo and Luce saw Duke Reynard looking worried and unsettled as they didn't know what he was thinking at that moment. He was a hard one to read over everyone else. 'I wonder if my father-in-law is fine. It hasn't been easy on him or Leo since Mila woke up, but the increase of the Mana Hunter incidents have been increasing for the last few years.' Luce hoped that things would soon settle down once the Mana Hunters had been taken care of. Allowing her daughter to grow up in a safe world, not only her child but children of any other.

[Lord Leo, I've come back with some reports. I do not think that you will enjoy it though.] Elmer appeared with his smoke element, forming his same caracal body and four eyes. Luce smiled, seeing Elmer who had been taking care of their daughter along with Rey. They enjoyed the company of little children who were willing to get to know them. Ella was one of those children who was the most interested in them like Mila was as a child.

"What did you find?" Leo looked to Elmer, who had been working most on finding any Mana Hunters nearby. He would have to know about the cruel truth to determine what the Mana Hunters were planning for them.

[I found some of them even taking children to use for their plans. I even managed to take one of the children, but I found that the child had long-lost their soul. They do not hold any soul in them to show emotions.] Elmer said Leo slammed his cup, breaking it on the table. He was unable to hold his anger back, even though his daughter was at the table.

"Father?!?! Why did you break your cup?!" Ella didn't understand what was going on with her grandfather and father that day. Alec just sat down, reading his books as usual ignoring the entire thing since he could not be involved, to begin with. "Alec, why aren't you saying anything?!" Ella was being completely ignored, with Luce watching how she was nagging Alec for attention. Luce did not understand what Elmer said, but she felt fearful for her daughter. Going over, she hugged Ella in her arms, feeling at ease that her daughter was with her. Ella didn't know what came around with her mother, but she hugged her mother knowing that there was something off about her. "Mother, are you okay?" Ella asked her mother who nodded, continuing to hug her.

Leo could see how Luce was concerned for their daughter. He was not going to let such incidents continue to happen to children. "I need to speak to the emperor about this." Leo got up, leaving them all with Elmer bowing to them before he left to follow after his master. Leo headed directly to Aiken's office, barging in he saw that Aiken was kneeling, listening to his wife's belly; smiling, and looking up at Addis.

Aiken and Addis looked to see Leo there when they celebrated the good news of their next child, that would be born in a few months. "Lord Leo, what are you here for?" Aiken didn't know why Leo came in a rush into his office, but he knew that there was always a reason for it.

"Your majesty, I need to speak to you about a serious matter." Leo didn't want to tell Aiken with Addis still in the room. It was like a private matter between officials since this was a troublesome matter that could affect many more than the common people.