Chapter 168

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD!!!!!*

Mila figured that it was about time that she became more open and honest with him since she was going to spend the rest of her life with him. 'It may be about time that I come clean towards him.' She did not want to keep hiding everything from him when he was slowly revealing a lot of things about himself. "Do you believe in rebirth or second chances?" Mila didn't know if ZH would believe her or not, but she was going to tell him regardless if he did or not.

ZH truly did believe in it since it happened to him, giving him another chance to live when he thought it was pointless. He died too soon in his previous life to be of help to her. Never did he expect to fall in love with the woman in his arms; he was happy, though, since he died in his first life, not knowing that he was targeted to be killed by none other than the Mireraweth emperor, who found out he was the Zameth Heir. The man who had murdered his mother. "Tell me more about it. I believe in you no matter what you tell me." He said, wanting to tell her also about his first life once she told hers. 'My first life held nothing important to me, so I want to be able to share it with you in this life.' Rubbing his head with hers, he felt the nice warmth between them.

"I knew nothing during that first life of mine." Preparing her heart, she knew that she never told anyone and was never going to be prepared to tell them unless it was ZH. "My father and older brother never really communicated with me nor spoke to me. I was like a child hidden away from society and avoided meeting and going to royal balls since I felt like I did not belong anywhere for being born between a maid and a high-class duke." Recalling how her mother was barely in any memory of hers, then there was her father who would look like a complicated man to get close to. "I was wedded to a man who was in the same status as me..." There was a pause, which caused ZH to look at Mila to see if she was struggling to tell him about it. "...but he had an affair with my oldest sister, Vita." Mila lightly placed her hand on her neck, thinking back about how easy it was to kill someone. Someone who should have been her partner for life. Someone who would stand by her side no matter what dangers she went into.

'So, I guess that can explain some reasons why she never got on terms with her oldest sisters. It is no surprise, though, that they would want to take things away from her.' ZH always wondered what happened and why she was never on terms with her sisters: only her oldest brother. It was easy for her to get along with Leo, but he never understood why the sisters did not get along. Yet, he was angrier than the man who was married to Mila before would cheat on her. 'Why would such a man want to abandon this woman? He is a fool for doing so.' ZH knew that any man who turned this woman down would only miss their opportunity, but he was not going to let anyone take her now that she belonged to him.

"When both found out that I saw the affair happen, they decided to kill me to keep me shut." The thought made her body shake, and this was the first time that she had actually told someone with her emotions coming out. "I died that way... hic ...and I found my soul wandering the old house that I lived inside with my 'ex-husband.' I was never happy, but whoever granted me this life and this second chance. I am truly happy... hic ...that they gave me another chance to live and protect those that I truly cherish and love. Even as far as having my own family and being with you." Mila said, nuzzling her head against ZH's chest, feeling happy that she could be with him this time. "Thank you for appearing in my life this time. I love you, my husband." Mila said that ZH was no longer able to resist.

"KKKYYYYAAAA!!!!"

Being pushed down, Mila saw ZH with his glowing eyes, holding a face showing that he was not going to be able to hold back anymore at this point. "I don't want to make you angry or upset, but your words were enough to make me turn this way. Once you said that you love me..." ZH did not know what else to say, so he grumbled, looking down at Mila and trying to give her a chance to stop him before things got out of hand. 'I won't be able to stop myself if you don't do it instead.' Hoping inside that Mila would stop him if she did not want him to get too ahead of himself. Seeing her eyes still had some puffiness to them, he kissed the edge of each of her eyes.