Chapter 121

"Don't bring up that question?!" Mila didn't want to tell them mostly since they were her comrades, but it was embarrassing enough that she recalled it all and wanted to have her tell them the full 'details' of everything. 'Why did they have to bring up that topic and question? Am I that predictable?' Wondering for the longest time, she felt her head getting dizzy from all the talk.

[What are we doing today, mama?] Kate quickly rushed up beside Mila, who was walking to the kitchen, ignoring Vivian and Skye's pleas to know more.

"Well... I wanted to try and make something for ZH." Mila smiled, thinking about making a few sweet treats, but she never knew what he liked. She decided to make something that wasn't so sweet, to begin with. Heading inside the kitchen, seeing the few things left there. "I need a few things first. I'll be going out to buy a few things." Mila smiled.

[I'll come along!] Kate wanted to go wherever Mila was with her clingy attitude toward her.

[Me too!] Vivian said.

[Of course, I would join as well.] Skye included after.

Mila's three beasts wanted to join, but she didn't want them to be seen when they were likely rarely known or seen in this kingdom. "No, Vivian will come. I don't want to draw attention to myself." Mila looked to Skye and Kate, who were sadly slumping down in defeat, and said that Vivian would once again be chosen to go with Mila. "I'll bring something back for the both of you." Mila petted both of their heads, with Vivian changing into her common horse figure.

[It's because I have more of a common look, so it only makes sense that I go with her.] Vivian looked at Skye and Kate, who were staring daggers at her.

'Don't think that this is over!' Both Skye and Kate held the same thought, seeing how Vivian was taking advantage of it all.

Both left seeing Zameth kingdom's busy market streets with the beasts being treated fairly well. Mila couldn't help, but see how beasts were comfortable and sleeping around or snuggling close to one another in such friendliness.

[This kingdom knows its respect for both humans and beasts.] Vivian felt relaxed that such people were this kind and generous to beasts.

"Of course, this kingdom has far exceeded my expectations. I'm glad that I was taken to this kingdom." Mila handed the stall lady a few coins for a bit of flour and eggs. Walking along the streets, she then noticed a suspicious figure. She didn't know why; they had strong mana with them, which was not from within them but somewhere else. Putting on her hood to hide her hair since she was still known as dead by outsiders of Zameth Kingdom. "Vivian, stay here." Mila ran off with Vivian, not getting a chance to see where she rushed off to.

[Mila?!] Vivian looked around, only seeing the rushing people and beasts around her. 'Shit! Where did she go?!' Trying to sense where Mila was was impossible, with the different amounts of mana and beasts around blocking her from doing so. Not being able to sense or detect her with so many disturbances in the way.

Mila had followed the figure that rushed into the alleyway. Seeing them meet up with two other people, she hid in the corner, knowing they were likely to discuss something important. 'There is no way that they belong to this kingdom. Something isn't right here.'

"What did the master say?" Hearing the title given, she felt as though they were all truly not apart from the Zameth Kingdom.

"We've collected enough mana from here, but we need more. He says that it'll be soon before it's completed. We are almost there."

"How about the children?"

Mila paused to hear about the children who were involved with them. Listening to every detail given, she felt tremendous anger build up to hear about such plans and methods used on innocent children.