Chapter 152

Bert had carried Mila inside and laid her onto the bed; he knew that he needed to start helping her with Henry only by his side to assist him in this labor. "Henry, get a few bins of warm water and then a few fresh towels." Bert had Henry go on out of the room rushing to get what he had asked for which was necessary to get during this time of Mila's labor. Bert had transferred more of his mana to Henry to increase his size to carry more than he needed.

[I'm on it!] Henry grew into a larger bird size from the mana transferred over to him by his master. Being given the ability to carry much more that he would not usually be able to do. It was only temporary due to the amount of mana needed to keep the large form since his original form was only small beast kin.

"Uggghhh..." Mila could feel the pain stinging more and more below going back and forth in her belly. 'This... hurts. It... hurts... so... much.' Clenching her jaw tightly, she never thought that it would be painful this way. Mila couldn't help feel the tears form, crying to the feeling that this was the worst pain she ever felt. Continuing to hold the thought, knowing that the child was indeed hers and ZH's. Letting her know that she had to do her best for the sake of their firstborn child. 'I can't let anything go wrong. I have to do my best no matter what.'

Henry quickly returned carrying a few bins of warm water in his claws, holding a few fresh towels in his beak. He lowly chirped with concern and worry to see how much Mila was in pain. Mila did not scream, she kept a pained look on her face that held tears with her body aching all over from the first signs of labor.

"Go ahead and bite down on this." Bert had a small towel with Mila biting down onto it. "When I say push then push, no matter what do not fall unconscious." Bert didn't want Mila to faint in labor since it was dangerous for both mother and child mostly when she could die from blood loss if she did lose consciousness. 'We cannot let you fall unconscious or else both lives will be in danger.' Bert knew that it was not going to be easy with how Mila was already looking a bit weak.

Mila nodded, biting down and following Bert's words and instructions, she felt tears streaming down from the side of her cheeks. Her painful wails were muffled by the small towel she bit down on in her mouth. "Mhhhhmmmmm!!!!!!" Holding tightly onto the blankets below her, she didn't think that a woman giving birth would be so painful.

Hours passed...

Bert was sweating to see how much blood Mila was losing, he knew that Mila needed to be quick in giving birth, but he couldn't just force her to hurry. The process did not only depend on the doctor or mother, it also needed the child to be able to come out. 'This isn't good. The child's head isn't even out yet. We won't be going anywhere at this point. It has been too long.' Bert knew that they were running out of time since it was now getting dangerous for both mother and child with no signs of any progress for the child to be born any time soon. 'The only other option is to perform the cesarean section.' Bert knew that barely any doctor was willing to perform it, but he was also one of those doctors who were not willing to perform such a dangerous operation. The day was already coming to an end, but Mila's child was not even born yet.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" Mila had her towel fall to the side still not feeling as though her labor was progressing any further than it was earlier. "Bert... what is... happening?" She needed to know what exactly was going on. She could feel herself losing all the strength that she had been building up to this day, but it was going to turn out to be a waste if she did not get to the bottom of it all. 'I need to know what the problem is.'

"My lady, the child doesn't seem to want to come out." Bert knew that they were going to get nowhere at this point, but he did not want to risk anything out of fear. "We won't progress if we cannot get the child out. It'll put you both in danger if we don't save one of the two." Bert said fearing for Mila's life, if he had to choose then he would choose to save Mila's life rather than the child's life. He had gone to the bedside kneeling and looking at Mila who was pale like a ghost from the blood loss.