Chapter 99

Mila groaned, feeling her chest a bit heavy as she opened her eyes to see that she was in what looked to be a small cabin bedroom made of nothing but wood. Seeing herself in a bed, she forced herself up on the bed, but stumbled and was about to fall onto her face with the wooden floor at her feet. Waiting for the impact, she then felt the same warm arms wrap around her. Unsure of how long it had been since she had last been in those warm arms that she missed so much.

"You are in so much trouble." She looked up in front of her to see ZH looking down at her with his mask still on like it was usually. His hair was tied back with his cloak on as if he had just returned from somewhere. Knowing that he was likely angry inside since she had done a lot of things while he was gone. Even though she could not see his full face, she knew for some reason that he was angry with her and for what she did without his presence there.

"W-When did you get here?" Mila was carried back to the bed where she still had no clue about where she was currently at. Being set down, he had the blankets covering her small body that looked like it could be scarred by a little fall. Mila noticed that she was wearing her nightgown, but figured ZH didn't change her.

"Tell me, why did you decide to use that method? Rather... why did you use the spell that is forbidden to use?" ZH looked to Mile while pulling a chair out to sit out near the bed.

"I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it in time to save my father since I was locked in a room that is still much stronger than my mana. I couldn't just let him die like that. On top of that, Leo is my dear brother who raised me as well." Mila didn't want to make ZH mad, but she loved her two most beloved families who took care of her. She had doubted them in the past, but this time she had no intentions of letting them out of her life.

"Why did you resort to using your soul to reach them though?! You could've died if Tim wasn't there to stabilize your soul with your body!" ZH angrily knew that Mila was going to try to avoid telling him the truth about using the forbidden spell, but he didn't want her to die and leave him alone after what they had been through for the last few years. After all, he chose her from the very beginning. 'What does this girl think that she is doing?! Does she not value her life so much that she would risk it all the time for everyone else?! Has she ever thought about how others would think about it if she just kept doing that?!' Felt as though Mila was not thinking about how others would feel if she were to disappear one day with no single trace or word left about her.

"ZH, I've already lost one person." Mila grabbed onto ZH's hand that rested on her bedside, not knowing that she would start feeling emotional. "Do you think I can stand to lose another?" Mila at this point broke down, allowing the tears to pour out this time. Her mask lay on the bedside table where a single butterfly had flown and landed without either of the two sensing it.

ZH had forgotten that she still cared about Ambrose, the other person who stood by her side which was still him. 'I want to tell you so much that you haven't lost anyone. You are not alone in this world. If you were alone, then I would take you away from all the loneliness just to make you happy in the end by my side.' He held her by the cheek, making her look at him while wiping her tears away. "Mila, I am-"

"You're finally awake." The door to the room opened up with Sara entering in with a tray of food that she made in a hurry once she knew that Mila had woken up. "Here, have some." Sara placed the tray onto the bed, knowing that her young lady would still be weak from barely having anything to eat for the last few days that she had been unconscious. Once Sara had left, Mila felt that she was forgetting about something. Her mind then clicked to the thought of ZH about to tell her something before Sara came in to give her food to eat.

"ZH, what did you want to tell me?" Mila asked, hoping that it wasn't rude of her to forget about their previous conversation.

"...nothing." ZH decided to help feed Mila, thinking about telling her another time when the moment was perfect.