Chapter 132

Mila sighed seeing how the knights all refused her from leaving her room. After what had happened, then things would be different since they were afraid for her life. They just didn't know that she was pregnant. She wanted to see the children who they saved to see if they were being taken care of, but they were taken in a rush to Zameth kingdom since there was no time to waste. She sighed feeling as though she was going to go crazy if she stayed any longer in her room.

"Sorry, little one." Mila laid back down on the bed with her hand laying on top of her belly. Trying to see if she could feel her child move inside, making her know that her child was alive and well in her. 'You're not showing, yet. Although, I am very curious about what your father would do if he knew about you.' Laying in bed, she had waited for days now wondering if they would get anywhere since they had finished with the orphanage matter, but the Mana Hunters were still a huge issue. 'How are you ZH? Are you doing well?' She thought turning to lay on her side, feeling a bit sad that she did not have him by her side.

*Tap Tap Tap*

Hearing the sound come from the window, she didn't feel any danger coming from the presence. Getting up, she looked to see Ambrose waiting outside in the cold weather. It made her smile, getting up as she rushed over opening the window and allowing him in. "Ambrose!" She hugged him tightly seeing that he was alive and well. "I knew you weren't gone! I knew that you couldn't have died that easily!" Mila smiled looking up to him, feeling happy that he was indeed still alive and well.

Ambrose petted her head with her smiling more at his familiar gesture. 'Do you wish to come out with me for a bit?' He wrote onto her palm that she gladly took the offer. Wanting to go out, it was never truly her thing to stay in one place for long.

"Let's go." Mila was carried by Ambrose outside, but wore her cloak before she left to hide herself if someone were to spot her. He had hopped from building to building until they reached the little pond in the town where it was usually scarce of people. Seeing the glowing flowers that were meant for the night view, it was still beautiful to watch. Sitting down on the bench nearby, she smiled looking down at the water to see both of their reflections. "This reminds of the time when we were in the forest hunting beasts years ago. Remember?" She said looking at him as he nodded to remember the time that they came across one another.

Ambrose sat next to her on the bench letting them recall their good times. 'How have you been?' He wrote again onto her palm. He was obviously worried since she did not look in the best condition days ago when they had decided to take action to save the children of the orphanage.

"I've been doing well. The healer told me to look after myself. How about you?" Mila looked at him with sincere feelings and kindness like back then. She would always think about how they would have been if she were still in the Mireraweth Kingdom with her father still the duke in this kingdom.

'I've been doing fine. Are you sure you shouldn't be resting?' He wrote looking at how she looked a bit exhausted or rather pale. He was the one who saved her from being killed when she went to the orphanage, so his heart was beating with fear of her condition.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me so much." Mila did not want her best friend to feel like he should blame himself like her knights who felt like that. "So, have you met any suitable lady for yourself?" Mila decided to bring up a topic to have them clarify and mend some old conversations.

'Yes, she is a very wonderful and understanding woman. How about you?' Ambrose had written down, making Mila know that he would of course meet a wonderful woman after their years of being a part. They both had found someone amazing to spend the rest of their life with.