Chapter 133

ZH [Ambrose] was ready to head out in the dead of the night after many days of being occupied by the duties given to him by the Mireraweth Emperor to find out about the orphanage. He couldn't stand it any longer hiding when he knew about the truth of Mila's pregnancy. He wanted to desperately see Mila and be able to hear her tell him as the man she loved that they were going to be parents.

"Where are you going in the dead of the night?" Duke Garrick looked to see how his son was not hiding besides wearing his usual mask hiding his eyes whenever he went to the Zameth kingdom. "Are you going back to the Zameth kingdom again after coming back as Ambrose?" Duke Garrick did not know if it would make things easier on him to have two identities or one.

"I'm going to see the mother of my children." ZH didn't care to hear what his father had to say and hopped down from the balcony with Duke Garrick seeing it coming sooner or later.

"I told you so, Duke Reynard. We are bound to be family from the start. I wonder if I will be able to see my grandchildren from any of my children." Duke Garrick decided to not bother and left the room going back to his studies where he would recall some memories of his two wives who long left him.

ZH had made his way to the tavern where he easily unlocked the glass windows from the balcony where Mila's room was. He entered inside, but it was pitch dark then he heard a sword held at his neck.

"Who are you?" He smiled hearing the familiar voice that he always loved.

***

Mila had the knights all be on their own to patrol the night in case they had mana hunters looking for them. The tavern was quietly leaving her to rest until she heard her glass window doors at her balcony unlock and open. Taking her sword from underneath her pillow, she laid one of her palms onto her belly while the other held the sword. With it being too dark to see, she had the sword held at the shadow figure's neck.

"Who are you?" She asked not willing to give up and have her and her unborn child be killed by mana hunters.

"You don't even recognize your beloved future husband." Mila heard the familiar voice dropping her sword that made a clicking sound from the metal and wooden ground.

"ZH..." She said as the figure went over, lighting a match and then using it to light the candle in the room. Seeing more clearly, she gasped seeing that it was indeed ZH. She rushed over hugging him, missing his warmth and comfort. "I missed you." She cried hugging him and snuggling close to him after being apart for so long. "Where have you been this whole time?"

"I missed you too." ZH hugged her close, kissing the top of her head while missing her comfort as well. "A little bird told me to come to see you." He said looking down at her this time, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "If you keep crying then your eyes are going to hurt tomorrow morning."

Mila giggled seeing how ZH was still trying to take care of her while Ambrose was able to find him without any issue. Wanting to hurry and tell him the news, she went ahead saying, "How do you feel about being a father at this age?" Mila smiled looking up at him. She knew that he wanted to be a father, but she was still worried since her last life wasn't so pleasant.

"Silly, I am happy to be a father as long as you are the mother of all my children. My age does not matter since I was already prepared for our future together. I only acknowledge the children that you have for me." ZH laid his palm onto her cheek as she went ahead snuggling against his palm.

"I'm glad that we are both having a child together." Mila did not have to tell him, just a question was enough for ZH to know that he was going to be a father soon. Holding his hand, she smiled, missing him every single day that they had been apart from one another. "Where have you been this entire time?" Mila could feel her eyes tearing up to see how he came to see her. "It feels like it has been an eternity since I last saw you." Mila wanted to know where he had been since she had never seen him the entire time that they were in the Mireraweth Kingdom.