Chapter 119

Mila felt something hard that she was laying her head on; she knew for sure that it wasn't a pillow. 'What am I sleeping on? I'm pretty sure it's not a pillow since it's not exactly soft. I don't want to open my eyes, yet.' She snuggled closer, enjoying the warmth that it was giving off. It was not a pillow, but it was still comfy enough to sleep on. Feeling an arm wrap around her waist, she then recalled every little detail from that intimate night. Feeling her face burn red, she opened her eyes to look up and see ZH was sleeping without his mask on. "ZH?!?!?!?" Mila was confused but recalled every little detail bit by bit. It was all clear in her head, giving her quite a shock that she could even recall it all. 'I usually don't remember anything in my first life. Maybe... it's because I never really cared about it back then.' Getting half of her upper body up, she looked down to see how he still had such enchanting looks as last night.

"Don't be so loud. Let's sleep a little more or..." ZH dragged her back down, and she landed on his chest with the blanket wrapped around her. "...do you want to continue from last night?" Mila scoffed, smacking the side of his head once and laying on his chest comfortably. "Do you remember everything?" He asked since Mila did say that she would remember it all by morning.

"Yeah, surprisingly." Mila didn't want to remember, but everything about last night was clear as the day in her head. "I didn't think I would remember it all, but it seems we can't go back now." Keeping her eyes closed, she didn't know what type of smile he had on. She couldn't be mad, though, she asked for it, and this was the outcome.

"When should we set up the wedding day?" ZH asked, with Mila unsure since they still needed her father's blessing along with ZH's parents.

"We need to talk things out with our parents. We should get their blessings. Also, my father would be very outraged with what happened if he ever found out." Mila peeked, seeing ZH looking down at her. She saw more clearly his red-violet eyes. 'Wow, does this man know just how mesmerizing he looks? These looks can kill a man and woman if they stare long enough at it.'

"I'm sure that your father won't mind." ZH didn't look a bit worried at all. 'He would have to agree in the end since he knows the truth about the agreement of the Zameth Heir.'

Mila laid her hand on his cheek rubbing her thumb on his cheek then rubbing below his left eye where a beauty mark lay. "Why would you hide such beautiful eyes?" She wondered, looking at how they were not anything bad to hide about. '"You could've had more options to choose from. If you hide your face, then I assume that many rumors spread about you negatively." Mila knew from experience that those who wore a mask and hid their faces would be ill-spoken about their looks that were considered hideous.

"So you even remember that part." ZH couldn't help, but see how she had a good memory even though she was drunk. Making him recall how childish she acted last night. Yet, he knew that the truth would have to come out sooner or later. "These eyes were dominant traits in my father's family. They say that those who inherited these eyes would face hardship. I was afraid that you would leave me if you were to know about these cursed eyes." ZH only told part of the truth, but he did not want to mention the rest yet.

"Hardship? What hardships?" Mila didn't understand how the color of one's eye could be a sign of hardship. 'No one can judge one's eyes for their future.' Mila wanted to hit the person who told ZH such false words.

"They say that these eyes are like that of a demon. It's always been like this in my family." ZH stared up, looking at the bed frame above. "I do not want you to go through any of that. Seeing you suffer is not what I want; I want to see you safe and sound with a happy life."

"These eyes do not mean anything. All I know is that you are you. Being who you are is how I fell in love with the man before me. I will not suffer as long as you are with me. I can only be safe and sound with a happy life with you in my life." Mila didn't want ZH to be stuck or held back by the so-called 'hardship' just by his eyes. 'I know we will both walk the same path to find happiness together.'