Chapter 66

"I wanted to just call your name!!!!" Luce blurted out looking down with a red flushed face. It was embarrassing enough that she said it out to him. 'It felt nice and special that I was given the chance to be able to meet with such a good man even though my status is lower than his.' She knew that her status was much lower than his, but the feeling of being left alone again was what she feared.

"What?" Leo didn't get why she wanted to just call his name; he wanted a better answer to understand the meaning behind it. "Be clearer."

"Well, I wanted to just call your name, and you told me about what your little sister said before to you about your name." Luce turned away letting him see her back since she felt shameful for saying such selfishness of hers. He then recalled what he had told Luce about what Mila said to him when he found the right person.

"When you have a special someone or get married to them then they will be the one to call you when they need to be saved."

He held his head recalling that Mila had told him when she never once called his name for help, but he did not think that there would ever be someone who would actually be so special to him. Throughout the last two years, it had only been Luce who called him for help each time when she was in danger. "Are you perhaps in love with me?" Leo decided to mess with Luce since she was too cute to not mess with.

"...Yes." It shocked Leo to see that she actually admitted the truth that she indeed liked him. "I've liked you ever since you told me that no one has ever called your name when they needed to be saved. Even when your little sister said that only your special someone could call your name." Luce mumbled the last word and was turned to face Leo. 'Is he going to hate me for being like this?' Feeling a bit fearful, she did not know if Leo would want her to stop calling his name.

"Silly woman, I'll be hoping that you take responsibility now." Leo had all of a sudden hugged her into his chest, hearing his heart beating out loud and clear for her to hear.

"Responsibility?!?!? For what?!?!?" Luce was a bit lost since she had no idea what she was guilty of since all she did was admit her honest thoughts.

"For making this man wait at least a year for your feelings." Leo had whispered those words into her ear, kissing her gently which had Luce surprised, but she accepted feeling tears stream down from her cheeks to know that she was not some burden to him.

'I see. I didn't know you liked me for that long.' Luce thought about feeling their lips part as she blushed to see that their feelings were mutual. 'I was afraid that we were just friends to one another. I would have never expected that things would turn out this way in the end.' Feeling happy that she stayed true and honest to him with her words and feelings this time.

"I'll have us engaged and then wedded soon after. You better not think of being with another man during this entire time." Leo gave her a look since he didn't know how women were. He knew his mother, knowing that his mother was one of the best women when he was so young when she passed away. He was afraid of loving someone since he did not want to lose them like how he lost his mother.

"Who do you think I am?! I'm not unfaithful!" Luce whined seeing how he saw most women that way. She did not want him to feel insecure about her, since she knew that women and men can be insecure about one another. "You better not be the same as other men." Replying, wanting to make sure that he did not have any other women since she knew that Leo's father had multiple wives.

"I know and don't worry. I won't have any more women. I only need you anyway. You alone are enough." He kissed her head as she grumbled seeing how he was messing with her again. Then, his mind wandered to his little sister who he hadn't seen for almost three years. 'Mila, I'm getting married by the end of maybe next year. Will you be at my wedding?' He pondered, unsure if he would see her and get the chance to show Luce to her.