Chapter 108

"There's an urgent message!" Hearing the door being knocked on rapidly and harshly, ZH and Mila stopped and looked in the direction of the door. ZH sighed, rubbing his head since the good moment was now ruined by that sudden knock on the door to his office.

"It's okay. When you are ready." Mila smiled with one of her hands laid on his cheek, feeling her face heat up with the previous image running in her head of their kiss. Rubbing her thumb on his cheek, she couldn't help to think that their hearts could be mutual. Their relationship had progressed after so many years of being friends for so long.

"Wait for me." ZH kissed her head, pausing to look at her for a few more seconds before getting up to answer the door with Mila sitting down patiently on the couch. Watching ZH go to the door, he had opened it to see the man who needed to send him important information and left the room soon after. Mila laid back down onto the couch, feeling her eyes droop down over her eyes.

***

"What's so urgent?" ZH remained near the room on the other side of the door which had Mila on the other side, likely waiting for him to return to her.

"I'm sorry your highness, but your grandfather wishes to speak to you." The messenger held a bit of a fearful look, knowing how he possibly disturbed their loving moment by passing along a message.

"Alright, I'll go and see him soon. I do not see the point in him sending you to get me or give me the message." ZH felt annoyed that his old man would start getting impatient now that he was reaching his elderly age. 'What is this old man thinking?' He sighed, rubbing the back of his head to ease himself down a bit. Sending the messenger back, he pondered about why his grandfather would want to talk about the same thing over and over again for the last two to three years now. Going back inside into his office, he saw Mila sound asleep within a few minutes of him talking to the messenger. Going over to her, he knelt smiling to see her sleeping face. 'Every single time I look at you there's nothing, but the warmth that envelops me to see you safe in front of me.' Smiling while carrying Mila back to her room, he had to visit his grandfather, which he preferred to do sooner than later.

***

Once he had taken Mila back to his room, he had made his way to the Zameth palace where he would discuss a few matters with his grandfather who awaited his arrival. Entering inside the throne room, his grandfather sat at the throne making the meeting only a personal meeting to discuss between the two of them than for any other to listen to. "My grandson, you should know why I have called you here at this time of day." His grandfather looked down to see how he still wore his mask hiding his eyes, or most of his face.

"Is it about the matter of the peace treaty between Zameth kingdom and Mireraweth kingdom?"

"You catch on well, but you are your mother's child, so I expect that from you. You are not getting any younger though. It is about time that you get married and take over the throne." His grandfather was waiting for him to say something agreeable since he did not wish to keep the throne forever since he was getting older.

"Grandfather... there is something that I still wish to do." Ambrose had to be honest about it, he did not wish to keep too many things a secret from his blood-related grandfather.

"Ambrose, you've been saying that for the last few years. Every time we talk about this, you will always say something to avoid taking this throne from me. You were given more time ever since you plotted your assassination to get out of the Mireraweth kingdom's clutch and the battlefield. They didn't even know how you looked, not even your background was ever truly known. You should be grateful that your father took part in it. Your older brother doesn't even know about it either." Ambrose's grandfather did not understand why his grandson would still care and worry about them when he had lost his daughter who was Ambrose's mother by the Mireraweth Kingdom.