Chapter 129

"So, you said that Duke Garriack's second son was found alive?" Prince Leroy looked to his shadow knight who reported to him about this matter. 'It's been so long since we've last met. The friendship ended once Mila disappeared from this kingdom.' Prince Leroy did not think that he would have to come across Ambrose once more when he was labeled dead.

"Lord Ambrose is currently watching over the town in place of Lord Perry. The emperor had given Lord Perry the time for his family. Although..."

"What else? Do not hesitate to tell me." Prince Leroy wanted to know what else could be going on.

"I do not know if it is clear or not, but I've seen men all around who follow Lord Ambrose. Keeping an eye on him." The shadow knight did not know if it meant anything since a lot of people would be curious about a man who was pronounced dead then brought back alive.

"Hm, it seems as though we are not the only ones who want to know if he has a motive." Prince Leroy held a smile, knowing very clearly who else could be watching over Ambrose to see if he returned with a motive. 'Father, Father... you are wary of this man. It does not seem as though that is not the only purpose for keeping an eye on him.' Prince Leroy was going to see what his father was up to this time.

***

Hearing the rooster crow, Mila sighed, rubbing her eyes to try and wake up. It was the day that she was traveling to the town that resided along with the Mireraweth palace. Vivian had been prepared in advance with her knights all there with her. Getting dressed, she was supposed to be up first to lead them on their way. "Everyone ready!" Mila heard them all cheer behind her as they all started their long travel. Disguising themselves to look like wandering merchants with Mila leading the troop in secret. Casting a spell, she had her hair color and eyes change color to avoid being found since she was the wanted woman in Mireraweth kingdom. 'Let's hope that this works.' Her hair became a common brown color with brown eyes. Euclid was her 'father' for the time being as well as the merchant businessman 'leading' the troop.

Their weapons were all covered by the materials that they had bought which could still be quite useful. Rustmount's townspeople were willing to help and assist in what materials could be helpful for them on the journey. Mila watched the knights who had families say their goodbyes for now. She felt upset that she was taking fathers from their wives and children, but it was for a better cause.

Going forth, they needed to be sure to stay hidden away for some time or avoid the rough routes. There were going to be a lot of Mana Hunters, but Mila and her knights were well aware already. They needed to stop the children from being used since the Mireraweth kingdom was known for its large number of orphanages with abandoned children. Just when they were reaching Mireraweth palace after another week of travel. They had to encounter a few Mana Hunters on the way.

***

Sensing the familiar presence, Luke perked up with his eyes wide with the aura he sensed at that point. 'Just now... that same familiar... mana.' Luke was focusing on his homework given to him until he sensed something within the distance. 'Just... what was that?' He needed to know if it was her. Finishing the entire problem on his paper, he slammed the paper down onto the desk for his teacher as he left soon after.

"Your highness?!"

Luke rushed out hiding his identity, his mana was just about as strong as any emperor's, but held more godly strength. Following where the mana was, he stopped once he saw a few merchants being attacked by Mana Hunters outside the Mireraweth palace walls. He overheard rumors and gossip about the mana hunters but didn't think that they would exist. 'Quite weak in my book.' He thought seeing how they would be of no match for him if he were to be involved.